The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: m-rod's 99 GTZ

Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 1078
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    sorry for the nooooob question, but what is the diff between this and the 74??, I only keep up with the 4cyl stuff while drooling over the v6 guys lol
    6G74 is 3.5L
    6G75 is 3.8L
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Haha what's wrong with the valve cover? It's a nice surprise. And I'm not sure how lean. Hopefully not that bad. I'm running it with the 6G74's injectors, no cat, and I'm getting no SES light. I plan on getting an E-manage for it very soon.
    ah I see. I'm still running the 6G72 injectors as I have no means of tuning yet :( You MIGHT be running rich then, but I'm not sure of the effects since you have that extra .3L
    Last edited by beam514; 05-31-2010 at 07:21 PM

6G74 is 3.5L
    6G75 is 3.8L
    Is one of them mivec??
    Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    ah I see. I'm still running the 6G72 injectors as I have no means of tuning yet :(
    Why cant you run the 75 or 74 injectors

Experienced TGC Member
    Emanage or Ecu Swap that thing now man.

The AFR may be ok for a short time, but the igniton timing on the 75 is way different than what the 72 ECU is running (ie may be seeing a lot of knock).

Good job getting this done though man, curious also why you swapped in the Diamante manifold over the 75?

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Is one of them mivec??

6G74 comes in either SOHC or DOHC (I think)
    6G75 can come in either SOHC or MIVEC (I think.. again haha)

For both swaps, the SOHC is the easiest swap. And I can't run the 74 injectors because my ECU won't realize that it is running larger injectors. This means that it would be supplying the same amount of electrical current to the injectors to inject what it THINKS (and calculates based on injector size saved in the ECU) is the correct amount of fuel, when in reality it will be injecting a lot more fuel than necessary. My 1999 ECU is not flashable, therefore I can't go into it to edit the injector scaling.

Experienced TGC Member
    Is one of them mivec??

the 6g75 is available as a Non-MIVEC or MIVEC unit, M-rod is running the non-mivec unit.

With either injector choice, and no tune it wouldn't matter what injectors are used honestly.

www.blackheartmotors.net

Ah Okay thanks for clearing that up for me, Now not to start and arguament but was it SPD FRK or M-rod that had the first 6g75 swapped 8g?? cause you both have the same thing in your sigs??

well, what's funny is they both have the same REAL first names... hahah but I guess technically M-Rod started his car first?

Experienced TGC Member
    Ah Okay thanks for clearing that up for me, Now not to start and arguament but was it SPD FRK or M-rod that had the first 6g75 swapped 8g?? cause you both have the same thing in your sigs??
    Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    well, what's funny is they both have the same REAL first names... hahah but I guess technically M-Rod started his car first?
    M-Rod was first to start his engine

www.blackheartmotors.net

Thanks! I have to say, you guys were a big help in making this happen. Adrian and Matt both, as well as BJ. Both of you paved the way into making this a reality.

I went with the Diamante mani since it has the bracket for the throttle cable, plus it has the mounting points on the side for my sensors and solenoids.

I really don't plan on driving it much until it's tuned due to the fact I have no idea where my AFR's are at, as well as my knock count, but I do have to say it is a blast to drive. The extra power and torque are definitely noticeable even while taking it easy, and it sounds mean. I've only put about 50 miles on it this afternoon, but it feels great. Definitely worth the time and money so far.

Experienced TGC Member
    I went with the Diamante mani since it has the bracket for the throttle cable, plus it has the mounting points on the side for my sensors and solenoids.

I really don't plan on driving it much until it's tuned due to the fact I have no idea where my AFR's are at, as well as my knock count, but I do have to say it is a blast to drive. The extra power and torque are definitely noticeable even while taking it easy, and it sounds mean. I've only put about 50 miles on it this afternoon, but it feels great. Definitely worth the time and money so far.
    Ok, that makes sense wth the manifold choice.

Once you get the timing and fuel maps set you will certainly notice how much power is there. You probably have a decent "feel" for it now, but getting the ignition timing set itself should make a big difference.

www.blackheartmotors.net

WOW thats awesome Man! Im hating my 3.0 now LOLZ. Congrats bro!

Matt - you make MN Galant owners proud! :)

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

congratz on finishing the swap both you and spd_frk inspire me to do this swap too later on in the future when i have more funds.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Matt - you make MN Galant owners proud! :)
    I do what I can Pete. BTW, when do you want to come take this thing for a spin?

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Prodigy View Post
    congratz on finishing the swap both you and spd_frk inspire me to do this swap too later on in the future when i have more funds.
    Thanks man, that's what we're here to do. Best of luck to you when you're ready, and when it's time, feel free to ask any questions. I'm sure we'll be able to help with what you need to know.

Congrats on the successful swap Matt! I demand videos and numbers ASAP!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

I do what I can Pete. BTW, when do you want to come take this thing for a spin?
    Soon. :)

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Congrats on the successful swap Matt! I demand videos and numbers ASAP!
    Thanks Jigz! I'll put some video together soon, but the numbers will have to wait until I get this thing tuned. It hopefully will happen soon enough though.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Soon. :)
    Works for me. Just give me a call whenever.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Congrats on the swap, and I demand a detailed video and sound clips after the break-in process lol.

4g64T 5spd

Installed my Prothane motor mount inserts this past Sunday. They sure make one hell of a difference. Funny to think I can actually get some traction with FWD. Launched a few times and made a few runs with the 1/4 mile GPS-based app on my phone.

If anybody has a Palm phone, it's worth checking out this app. Distances and speed are both pretty damn accurate from what I've seen even during regular driving. Now I'm hoping it's close to accurate while using it for it's "intended purpose." I'll find out when I get to the track Sunday the 11th, if I'm really running high 13's.

Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast