The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Reelax's Ride - the 10 year build

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 84
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    wow. you were a ricer back in the days. cut springs. konig wheels. huge muffler. indiglo gauges. hehe
    i know huh. rice rice baby! but to my defense on the cut springs... there was no other option since there were no springs even made for the eclipse yet, let alone the galant. my H&R set was pre-production and the next set that was released was EIBACH which were less aggressive (less of a drop). when real coilovers became available i jumped on it.

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post

Oh the car is awesome. Back in the day with those open cats...the car sounded like a cesna! LOL. It used to spit gas out on the ground...it was the single reason the global warming temps have risen in the last few years! LOL...Still, Rani had a vision and executed beautifully
    yeah it was pretty dangerous back then. i don't miss the smell of gasonline all the time though, it used to give me a headache! it got so bad sometimes that people told me they could smell the fumes inside cars that were following me on the street!

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    palnning on doing anything else??
    only thing i could do w/o spending stupid money is redo my ICE. anything else i would undertake at this point would involve ALOT. what else could i do beside major performance or major body mods and new wheels/brakes? every project i could start would affect other parts on the car making it spiral way out of control instantaneously. actually i'm kinda afraid to do anything else to it at this point... it would just involve so much more than any minor tweek! also, maintenance is allready getting expensive since this is a 10 year old car and things are starting to break in bunches.

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2 View Post
    question, temp controlled HIDs, still around?
    last i checked the company stopped doing business years ago. their website is now a generic page and i haven't seen another company make them... plus they were around $650 when i got them in 2001-2002... nobody pays anywhere near that much for an HID conversion kit anymore.

Nice read Reelax. Very nice transition from stock to what you have now. It's amazing to see your car as it transformed over the years. I haven't really done much but it amazes me how mine has changed.

what a great read and build
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

great write up , very inspirational and motavating

Back in the day is what I'll say..., this has and always will be one of the nicest Galants, Mitsubishi's, or modified cars period.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Instead of getting ready for work, I read this hahahah. Nice write up though and interesting progression of the G

awesome write up man.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    truly an incredible journey; i have been honored to see this car in person many times and the pictures don't really do it justice... one of the best Galants ever built... much respect and congrats R
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

thanks for the love guys!

Always a pleasure seeing your work bro!!
    "Our fears don't stop death, they stop life"

Long time! man! I love the your G totally different! I also love the window displayed RPM/MPH gauge :)
    02 Diamante VRX 5spd swapped
    90 Galant GSX 5spd EvoSpec 4G63 swapped
    01 Sebring GT Coupe (6G75 Powered)(sold)

nice history.. nice ride
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

thanks again guys... i may be motivated to do a little more to the car soon. been planning out different projects to see what i would need and where i would source parts.

Dude...all that work...all that attention to detail and you have a factory tape deck with a crooked pocket in your dash? just sayin...

beautiful job on the car man...

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
    Dude...all that work...all that attention to detail and you have a factory tape deck with a crooked pocket in your dash? just sayin...

His car is going to to violate your car just for saying that

Keep your comments to yourself. Reelax has done an incredible job in pioneering modding 8th gen USDM Galants. Negative rep given.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Keep your comments to yourself. Reelax has done an incredible job in pioneering modding 8th gen USDM Galants. Negative rep given.
    x2. I want to see him get out of that neg rep black hole.

Reelax this is my 3rd time reading this and still am amazed. Your car is extremely clean and I hope that once I start putting some money in mine it cleans up as well.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Why not consider a 5-speed swap?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    ^ i dont think he drives it enough to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

was making room for the double din DVD HU. notice the pocket and the HVAC controls are swapped and the sunroof switch is next to the deck, just never got around to putting in the DVD head since i was deciding on either that or a carputer. there's also about 1500W RMS supporting the stock head through a independent crossover and 2 amps, so the head unit is actually not that important and can be swapped at any time.

this car will never be finished, but again, any project i would do on it now would cost thousands... there are no "small" tweaks left to do on it right now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast