The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Electrical Issues

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Electrical Issues

Intermittently, when I start my car, the digital display for the radio/compass and the radio itself, all the buttons and the A/C and cig lighter will not come on. This also affects my winshield wipers and all controls on the steering column. Initially, I thought it was an issue with fuses. I stopped at the parts store on the way home to check all fuses under the hood and dash. They were all fine. So, I started the car again and everything was functional. Now, every time it happens, I just turn off the car and restart it, and everything is fine....WTF?!?!?!?!

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    The display, radio, and wipers are all linked to a control module. Its the same as the Endeavor and its possible that module.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Im a newb...help me out. How do I diagnose this problem? And if this is the case, and this control module is going bad, how do I replace it? Where would I find it on the car?

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS

I checked your problem against the circuit diagram and it seems like your problem is being generated at the ignition switch. If it were your control module then you probably would have more problems than you are experiencing, also they probably would NOT be intermittent.
    It seems like your ignition switch is not returning fully to the run position after the engine is started. Heat and humidity may influence this condition. The next time that you experience the problem try turning the key slowly back and watch to see if your components power up. If they do then your problem may be as simple as the ignition switch itself. Also another good indication that it is the switch is when your problem occurs check the power mirrors, the dome lights, and the ignition keyhole illumination light. If they also don’t work then your problem is most likely the switch.
    Hope this is helpful.
    Last edited by JeffM; 07-30-2009 at 11:04 PM