The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: quesstion..

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

quesstion..

okay.. i have 2 alpine type r's 12inch subs with a heavy ported box.. and a directed 2400watt amp.

i think subs are 1500peak each..

the thing is box with subs weigh bout 100lbs... i just put them in my car and rear is sagging lol.. well im on stock suspension.. and my brother was sayinn once i hook them up to the car.. it will drastically slow down the car due to the amperage it will be drawing...

soo i have 1 question and 1 opinion..

soo if i get new agx and tein shock/struts.. you think saggin will go away in the bak?

annd opinion iss should i install them in the car.. i mean it will cost $140 in wiring and labor..

last option is to save them for a truck or sumthin..
    I love bikes n babes!

mine sagged less when i went to tein and agx's. the springs are a little stiffer and new struts helped.

I have two rockford p3's roughly the weight of type r's no sag on the rear with tein/agx... plus i have two amps and a custom box. Honestly i would just install it yourself, it's really pretty easy, just run a power cable from your battery to the trunk, fuse it of course, and find a nice and clean spot for the ground, sand of any paint and use a star washer to get it connected good. Then all you have to do is send the rca's back from the head unit or if your on the stock one just get a signal converter and run em off your back speakers, which is not the best but works ok method.

i have two 12" type-rs and a beefy box, ask the nyc guys. my rear looks like its dropped even though it isnt

as far as slowing down, i can tell im a little slower but i feel like its because of the 150+ pounds of equipment in the trunk more so than an electrical thing
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    as far as the watts, always refer to the rms and not max.

slowing down has nothing to due with the drain on the alternator but actually with the extra weight you put in the rear. i have 2 amps totaling about 1800 watts rms and 2 12" kicker cvr's in the kicker box and all that weighs about 110 lbs not including all the sound deadening material in my trunk and i know i am slower and don't get as good of mpg as i could as if i didn't have it in there.

yea.. our cars are already slow.. i took it out and put it in my basement until i get a truck or sumthin :)
    I love bikes n babes!

the box wont make that much of a dif. just put it in there and drive for a week and if yu think it really slows you down that much take it out but it shouldnt make that much of a dif