The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo 8 Ecu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 41
    you need the CONVERSION harness to not wire anything.. It costs 350 or so whatever they say above. ******THERE ARE MANY HARNESSES :: GALANT EXTENSION/ECLIPSE AT EXTENSION WHICH ARE THE SAME, EVO 8 EXTENSION (JUST AN EXTENSION YOU WILL HAVE TO SPLICE THIS WITH THE GALANT EXTENSION TO RUN DUAL ECU.) AND A EVO 8 + GALANT/ECLIPSE CONVERSION HARNESS(THIS IS THE ONE THAT WILL REQUIRE THE LEAST AMOUNT OF WIRING IF ANY AND WILL BE MOSTLY PLUG AND PLAY).

You cannot run Tephras mods on every evo 8 ecu but 90% are compatible. Some evo 8 ecus have an intercooler sprayer. Not all roms can work with all ecus, some ecus can only use a small range of IDS and others are more supported for mods. What this means for you is EVOM is always creating patches allowing the stock evo 8 ecu to be manipulated much more than usual and you may or may not be able to use these patches. In reality its not a big a deal because you will have you the benefits from the ecu either way.
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

oh and btw i was reading there was a program for ecu flash that allowed you to pass all of your engine codes, for all of you who have emission testing. I'm not sure if you can flash that on a galant ecu or not but there is one for the evo ecu.

Quote Originally Posted by paparishi90 View Post
    oh and btw i was reading there was a program for ecu flash that allowed you to pass all of your engine codes, for all of you who have emission testing. I'm not sure if you can flash that on a galant ecu or not but there is one for the evo ecu.
    yeah i was reading your other link as well; they have a way to eliminate the wastegate solenoid and fuel injector solenoid codes as well. i might do that with my ECU, unless i can get an easy buy on those 2 products soon.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant View Post
    AND A EVO 8 + GALANT/ECLIPSE CONVERSION HARNESS(THIS IS THE ONE THAT WILL REQUIRE THE LEAST AMOUNT OF WIRING IF ANY AND WILL BE MOSTLY PLUG AND PLAY).

so basically if I get said harness it'll be mainly plug and play even if I stay auto?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Question... If i have a viper security system installed on my car, how is this going to affect my evo ecu. Oh by the way here is how to disable the immobilizer on the evo 8 ecu:
    http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/Immobilizer_Disabling

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    so basically if I get said harness it'll be mainly plug and play even if I stay auto?
    no you'll still need to splice wires to keep the auto ecu.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by paparishi90 View Post
    Question... If i have a viper security system installed on my car, how is this going to affect my evo ecu. Oh by the way here is how to disable the immobilizer on the evo 8 ecu:
    http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/Immobilizer_Disabling

by inserting the bit to bypass the Evo immobilizer, you can also remove the immobilizer bypass box that was installed with your Viper alarm. This way, the theif wont get a free key when they steal your car.

Great... Just wondering is there any way to keep the immobilizer?

The conversion harness is supposed to be plug and play the last person that used it said he had to switch a wire or two but no soldering or heavy wiring i believe...

u would have to get the evo immobilizer and wire it up to keep an immobilizer.. The stock ecu will still have an immobilizer and it is not known what will happen if u start the car with a key that does not have a chip.. The car will start but transmission may not engage properly and you will still get the icon on ur dash.. I would not remove ur bypass module because it may cause ill effects..
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Ok... now i am a bit confused, those who have a evo 8 ecu hooked up to their cars, that have a 5 speed tranny, do you have an evo 8 immoblizer and how would it be wired up to the ecu?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post

another option is to just find a 3g manual ecu..works exactly the same once you flash it with an evo ROM and should be cheaper.
    This is perfect, i have a 3g manual in the junkyard right now and ECU's are only like $30
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

nobody has bothered with the immobilizer i am aware of... The immobilizer goes to the ecu and nothing more.. Its a single wire give or take the wires off the actual immobilzer piece which I dunno what it is... I assume its another small box -- the ecu receives a go or no go from one wire on the ecu and from there either fires or not...

you could also use a 3g manual ecu as he stated but honestly i dont see them being sold for cheaper than an evo ecu so far -- i see em for 180 and up.. But if u can find it u will need to flash the evo rom or whatever from club3g on it to get it to run like an evo...

Ok so i get the immobilizer piece but, i'm assuming, that i have to go to the dealer to get my key programed to the evo key or my car will not start, am i correct?

yes... but the dealer will charge you $200+ to program you new keys.

another question is why are you so set on keeping the immobilizer?

HMMM I dunno i dont think you will have to program your key because u can just enter the immo code on the evo ecu so 50/50

another question is why are you so set on keeping the immobilizer?
    Hey if I can keep it there is nothing wrong with that, just wondering that's all but no big deal if I can't.

Anyways to sum everything up:

1. Get an evo ecu, and don't need immobilizer(?)
    2. Get harness from boomslang (if you don't wanna cut n' connect wires)
    3. Replace stock ecu with evo ecu (only if swapped with a manual tranny otherwise dual ecu it)
    4. Flash immobilizer disabling code or put in current galant immobilizer code into evo ecu(?)
    5. Copy over certain values from galant ecu, ie: Injector Scaling, Injector Latency Values, MAF Scaling, MAF Size (got from lancer forums)
    6. tune the ecu to whatever setup you got going on...
    7. Get laid b/c a really attractive girl is aroused by the fact that you are running an evo 8 ecu in a mitsubishi galant instead of an actual evo.

Wanted to make this as clear as possible so it's easy for others to kinda understand the steps of how to swap the evo 8 ecu without having to go through a plethora of information :)

And please correct me if I am wrong because I probably might have some, or all, of the steps wrong
    Last edited by paparishi90; 07-29-2009 at 11:58 PM

I just contacted boomslang about getting a plug and play galant ecu to evo ecu harness made for automatic cars, they said it shouldnt be a problem, I should know by tomorrow how much it'll be

I just contacted boomslang about getting a plug and play galant ecu to evo ecu harness made for automatic cars, they said it shouldnt be a problem, I should know by tomorrow how much it'll be
    I called them maybe 2 or 3 days ago and they said they cost around 350-360 shipped but hey you get it cheaper, then I'm down, or maybe we can get a discount from a "group buy" cause that would be even more excellent.

I'll ask them tomorrow and see if they can give us a deal on 2 or more

4g64turbo
    can someone put a link to boomslang, now if i use a boomslang harness that shoud make it a plug and play with a evo ecu right in to my galat right??as long as you have a five speed swap done of couse...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast