The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Legal action against Hi-rev performance

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 120
    tell him to do it right or WE WILL FORCE THEM TO MAKE AS MANY MOLDS AS IT TAKES TO GET THIS DONE

but we r down 2 people and one more guy wants his money back so we r down to 8 since i dont want 2 trunks and i wanna put both deposits towards one trunk

if they agree to this then tell them to get in touch with me and ill arrange for someone to let them use his car for test fitting
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

finally some news
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Experienced TGC Member
    Ok. So you guys are still in? Ill try to get them to come post here again and could a mod clean this thread up? Im just trying to help you guys out the best i can. Im sorry that this happened to you guys but i do see their point as well. You guys took 6 months to get this together and they really have no way of knowing if it fits correctly. Shit happens guys and you all need to understand that. How many of you guys purchased the fucked up trunk that never fit correctly? Atleast these guys are willing to make it right. Im not by far taking their side and im just trying to make sense of the situation. He told me they had to for out 2500 for the mould to be made and the money he got from you guys was only like 1200. I tried to talk him into atleast refunding half of yalls money but that was not an option. Fortunately i wasnt rude to the guy and he is giving this another go. So dont hate me for trying to help you guys out.

Thanks,
    Johnas

im not in the group but if i was id be pissed, if they shelled out a load for a crappy mould why dont they get a refund on that and give you guys back the money, a more reputable vendor has already stepped forward and offered to finish this project, hi rev should just do this on their own and come back here when they have a product worth selling

Im going to be honest. I dont care who makes it, Cali or HiRev. I just want the trunk. If they are still willing to do this, then i say do it. If they keep wasting thier money by making crappy "test models", than so be it. Just as long as the final is as close to perfect as possible and they dont jack up the price cause of thier mistakes, then yeah im still in. I think we should atleast ride it out till they say that they cant do it and then get our money back. Or we could always try to renagotiate and try to but a deadline or something. I just want the trunk without loosing a crap load of money on it.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    So lets ride it out and see where we end up. At the end of the day if the finished product doesnt fit or looks like crap, then we just dont pay the rest, and pursue other options. I respect that the guy wants to make it right, but he should be on here telling us this, not you. On a second note, if they paid $2500 for a mold to be made, that at the end of the day the part doesnt fit, that means the mold sucks or the guy making the trunk sucks. Either way thats on the manufacturer who should have some sort of loyalty to HiRev to make it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

True
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

as i have mentioned he refunded 2 people their money by mistake thinking it was the 2 people from the hood GB so that brough the total down to $1090 which is a total of 11 deposits BUT i want both my deposits to go towards one trunk and not two which would drop us down to 10 trunks and since greddy and surycdol put together an extra deposit to help out and not purchase another trunk which means we are only getting 9 trunks made but shockwave000 said he simply dont have the money for the trunk anymore and he wont have the remaining balance so thats 8 trunks

are they willing to do it then ??
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

they better be willing to do it after the roller coaster they put us on!!!!!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    they better be willing to do it after the roller coaster they put us on!!!!!!!
    +1 who's fault is it that they refunded the wrong peoples money? Definetly not our fault
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

lol they cant even do refunds correctly, this is doomed! (no lol for the doomed bit)

I was not in on the buy, but to me this is unethical and this shop is ran by a complete utter douche-bag.

The fact that they had a time period to perform their end of the contract. They failed... Therefore the contract is null and the money should legally be returned. (and yes it is considered a contract, you buying a candy bar from the store is a legally binding contract)

Next time you guys decide to start a group buy, get that shit in writing. There should be a clear goal date and a clause that clarifies that full refunds will be issued if a satisfactory product is not in your hands by XX Date.

The lack of communication and their willingness to try again ONLY after having their arms twisted makes me hope they rot in hell. Seriously, they thought you guys would just forget about your money???

You guys that are giving them another chance are FAR more patient then I would have been as my lawyer would have already been in contact and drafting up some pleadings.

Fuck this store with a rake and there is no way in hell I would ever purchase a single thing from these guys after seeing how they manage their business.

EXACTLY: we need a writen statment from Hirev saying that they are welling to keep making as many molds it will take to get this GB right. If they do not want to refund us our money cause of cost of molding, this is not our fault that the molding isnt coming out OEM fittment.

regardless on whats happened, even if we do take another chance with them. we need to be sure to get it in writing this time (in bold letters).

its just hard to see how this can be so hard to get molded, and this is a OEM trunk. Cali gets JDM parts molded and gets the job done so fast with great fittment.
    Last edited by silver01g; 08-09-2009 at 10:52 PM

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

Legally since he didn't mention to us that once the group buy starts we won't get our refunds back then we should get them back. I will talk to my buddy who is a lawyer some time this week and confirm that
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Ok guys, here's the deal, they are still gonna make the trunk, all they need is a member in socal to come buy the shop to test fit the trunk, I spoke to them on the phone, they will be updating us on here shortly and I will be receiving a call back with more details tomorrow, in the meantime, anyone in socal want to go get the trunk tested on their car?

Shit, you guys have paid for something you do not have any judge will order them to pay up asap, you dont go to F'ing mcdonalds and get charged for the freaking research and devopment of a big mac, the company does this or they go bust, infact id ask for the mold when their done and burn it as an effigy to GB to be forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Ok guys, here's the deal, they are still gonna make the trunk, all they need is a member in socal to come buy the shop to test fit the trunk, I spoke to them on the phone, they will be updating us on here shortly and I will be receiving a call back with more details tomorrow, in the meantime, anyone in socal want to go get the trunk tested on their car?
    I guess I'm not in charge of this anymore. I was at my friends office a lil over an hour ago ( he is a lawyer) and I explained the whole thing to him. Legally since there is nothing in writing between us then we should get our money back.

They will be recieving a letter from him within few days.

I don't play games and I'm sick of them playing games

if they wanna do this then we need it in writing. Estimated time of production ?? Etc etc etc
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    I guess I'm not in charge of this anymore. I was at my friends office a lil over an hour ago ( he is a lawyer) and I explained the whole thing to him. Legally since there is nothing in writing between us then we should get our money back.

They will be recieving a letter from him within few days.

I don't play games and I'm sick of them playing games

if they wanna do this then we need it in writing. Estimated time of production ?? Etc etc etc
    Bravo!!!! I would like to see everybody involved get a lawyer to come into contact with these guys. When it comes to shady business practices. I don't necessarily believe in second chances. (or third or fourth in this case)

You guys paid for something, you never received that something, and you were denied your refund. You guys were victims and should seek restitution.

Experienced TGC Member
    So once again ive backed down from this. I no longer will contact these guys about shit. You guys can do all of that on your own. Obviousy you all handled it incorrectly because im the ONLY one that got through to these guys. So good luck with this. Its all stupid bullshit anyways.

TGC Regular
    Wait I have a problem with that shadow. They didn't handle this incorrectly at all. Plain and simple the shop should hold up to its end of the bargain. If you cant do the job that you were paid to do then YOU GIVE THE FUCKING MONEY BACK. Flat out don't beat around the bush. When a shop tells you that you are not going to get your money back because they cant do it right and then just try and disappear you should talk to a lawyer. Honestly i wouldn't just try and get my deposit back. I would try and get more because of them dicking everyone around. What that did wasn't ethical or LEGAL. So talking to a lawyer was the CORRECT thing to do.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast