The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help. Car engine keeps shutting off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    jlfisher360
    Now my car threw out a P0505 code while i was driving home from AutoZone. Has any had any expierience with this code before?

I have the same code, I changed my IAC valve with two different IAC valves that I got from a junk yard and the code came back both times off and on. Someone suggested that I check the throttle body gasket to make sure I put it on right after I cleaned the throttle body.

jlfisher360
    I read my haynes repair manuel and it said that every time you take the IAC off, you must change the o-ring, even if you're putting the old IAC back on. I wonder if thats the problem.

jlfisher360
    cause P0505 also means there could be a vacuum leak.

I had a similar problem, but it was actually a bad spark plug. Water had got in and shorted it out or something, I'm not sure, but it's still a good idea to check the spark plugs. My IAC went bad too, and I had to buy the $300 one and change it, but it did get better, and if you buy it from the dealer you do get the o-ring, if I remember right.

Now that is one thing I did not change each time was the o ring, I got to see were I can fine one. Each time I looked at the IAC or changed it I used the same o ring and still was getting the p0505 code.

jlfisher360
    Does anyone out there know if I can use an Idle Air Control Valve from a 98 galant 4 cyl?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12