The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Base Idle Set Screw adjustment help!

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Icon4 Base Idle Set Screw adjustment help!

I've searched but could not find a thread on how to adjust the biss screw to set my idle back to factory specs on my 6g72. Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks!

The base idle for Galant is 850-900 rpms, I put it 1000 because of the prothane motor mounts. So, start the car let it warm up, get a screw driver and turn it either direction - the RPMs will either drop or rise, set it to the RPMs you want. The screw just shuts or opens more air to the throttle body, theres no electronic control there, so go ahead and dont worry, you cant mess it up
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

you really shouldn't touch that ever
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Thanks mko
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    you really shouldn't touch that ever
    Too late : / How can I set it back?

UPDATE: The BISS would feel loose when making any adjustments, so I decided to replace the o-ring. First off, I closed the screw counting close to 3 revolutions clockwise. Unscrewed, then cleaned it w/ throttle body cleaner replacing the o-ring afterward. Turned the car on and noticed an improvement in the idle. Maybe it's time to thoroughly clean the throttle body. I would still like to know the factory spec settings though. Thanks guys!

It should be on a sticker on the underside of your hood. I believe it says between 600 and 800 rpm.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Found this thread on dsmtuners.com Helps me understand how a throttle body actually works.
    http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/arti...operation.html