The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: evo ecu question

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    4g64turbo

evo ecu question

i plan on using a evo ecu and i was wanting to know if i don't get a evo flash and just use a apexi afc if that will be fine and keep it reliable and fun to drive, the reason i ask i got a afc here and i would like to use it and from what i see it would be perfect for what i plan on doing with my car..

Well if you plan on using the evo 8 ecu then I suggest that you don't use a apexi afc because the evo 8 ecu with a flash will wipe the floor with the apexi. I'm actually going to go with an evo 8 ecu myself... now i'm assuming that you are using an auto tranny, correct me if i'm wrong, in which case you have to dual ecu it. Here is a thread that i started like a week ago that should answer most of your questions... I also posted some links on there which might clear up some foggy water too. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, though I will tell you I'm not completely 100% on everything but I will be by the end of this week when i finish my calc II and chem II finals tomorrow.

Here is the link:
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ighlight=evo+8

there is no point in using a evo ecu if you dont use ecuflash. infact, you cant even use the evo ecu without flashing it first for maf scaling, immobilizer delete, injector scaling, etc. Ecuflash is free. Sell the afc for like $100 to a honda guy

4g64turbo
    ok i have done some more reading and thank you paparishi90, from what i have read you don't need to do dual ecus if you do a 5 speed swap, and i plan on doing a 5 speed swap so that clears that up, dose anyone know how much a flash gos for???and can you use a 3g ecu and get the same out come???

read the thread again. everything is answered in there many times