The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: No start issue revisited...still

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Have you checked your ignition module? That won't throw a code, and will directly relate to what problems you are having.
    Taking a quick break to look through some things again, but I am off 1 tooth on the crank...1 frigging tooth! <_< craptastic

If the ignition module was faulty I wouldn't really get any spark, or a correct sequence even would I? Where is the ignition module located on the V6 then, isn't that all consolidated within the distributor assembly?

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Should be part of the distributor.

Experienced TGC Member
    Should be part of the distributor.
    Well the timing belt is back on and timing marks are all lined up where they were before....and still a no start....getting pissed now lol.

Guess I will put that side back together and check out the distributor at this point

www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member
    Pulled the distributor out a bit ago and found the rotor extremly hard to rotate by hand. Upon taking off the rotor, and the plate below I found some melted plastic on the bottom side that was causing the resistance. At this point I am thinking a new distributor is in order as I have checked everything else this far.

www.blackheartmotors.net

Good luck, sounds like it is a good chance it is the distributor if it looks like that.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

Experienced TGC Member
    Here are the photos of the UDP. You can clearly see where it is contacting the pulley against the timing belt cover;

Quote Originally Posted by wright06jhs View Post
    Good luck, sounds like it is a good chance it is the distributor if it looks like that.
    Here are the photos of the distributor...tell me what you all think lol.

I ended up finding a good deal on Ebay for a distributor from a 3g eclipse with only 15K miles, only had to pay $82.50 shipped. Once the new one arrives this next week it should be the "fix" for the ongoing issue.
    Last edited by SPD_FRK; 08-06-2009 at 08:19 PM

www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member
    New distributor is installed and I still have the no start issue...what a great start to the weekend LOL.

Ivory8g and myself will be diving into this tomorrow to see if we can't find the cause for the problem. At this point everything has been checked out "ok" or been replaced with new parts...

www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Also, get a voltmeter and see if you get power to the injectors. On the injector plug - one of the wires should be constant +12V and the other one should be pulsating 0V to 12V while cranking
    On the power wire of the injector terminal I have 12.43-12.57 volts. When checking the signal wire I am only reading 0.01-0.02 volts of signal on all six injectors. I checked the signal voltage at the connection for the seperate bank injector harness and still have same voltage readouts.

What would be the cause of a low, or basically non-existant signal voltage?
    Last edited by SPD_FRK; 08-15-2009 at 06:16 PM

www.blackheartmotors.net

Have you checked the MFI relay?

Experienced TGC Member
    Have you checked the MFI relay?
    That is something I have, and still am reading a little more on checking out. When I pulled the MFI relay it did feel pretty warm to the touch. My fuel pump relay works, but it is possible the MFI relay crapped out...

www.blackheartmotors.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12