The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: pictures of your slammed ride

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

pictures of your slammed ride

I have the Eibach Pro springs and i am thinking of getting something different to go lower. i've seen some pics, but a lot you can't see the real separation of the tire and wheel well. I want to see more closeup and farther away pics of all different types of springs and coilovers...I have a V6 so I want to see what they look like with progress, gc, whatever you got. the more the better as i will be able to tell which look best to me. also any ride problems let me know...if KYB's are required or not. thanks.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

Ada
    Progress Drop. Not a V-6 drop though.

BlankMan
    Ada - what size rims & tires are those?

J

Ada
    They are Racinghart CR's - 18x7.5 w/ Kuhmo 225/40/18 ZR tires

I4 with progress drop
    rims: Motegi mr7s 18s..tires: yokohama parada spec II 225/40/18
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

1999 ES V6 with Progres springs, front Koni inserts, rear KYB AGX and a rear Ingalls camber kit. I'm rolling on 18's and do get slight rubbing in the rear sometimes, but that isn't a problem for people who have a similar setup without the camber kit in the rear because then the top of the wheels stick inwards away from the fenders.

do you have a system in your trunk or anything with weight?
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>do you have a system in your trunk or anything with weight?</div>

I'm not sure who you are directing the ? to, but I don't have anything in the trunk except an Infinity Basslink amplified 10" subwoofer.

when there are 5 people in the car....is the ride still the same? as for as rubbing goes?

18x7.5 +45 225/40zr18 H&R springs cut 1 coil at each corner: 2"+ drop. 70K+ miles never rubbed.

Ada
    Question:

My pic of my car has Progress drop and its an I4 as I already stated. It has nothing in the trunk other than the spare tire.

My question is if I put KYB's in the back, would it lift up my back some? I would like that because IMO, I don't like my rear. I would like it a tad lifted, and eventually I might put 1 10" sub in the rear also.

I4 with OBX coilovers AGX struts in the front. Dropped 3.5" in trhe front and 2.5" in the rear. No rub but I have a little bit of negative camber in the rear.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sowndwayv)</div><div class='quotemain'>when there are 5 people in the car....is the ride still the same? as for as rubbing goes?</div>

Yeah, pretty much it is the same. The fender doesn't even rub on the top of the tire, it just barely catches the middle of the sidewall. I can drive back and forth to work (50 miles roundtrip) and almost never rub. It's mainly if I hit a big dip in the road at higher speeds, like 60mph+.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ada)</div><div class='quotemain'>Question:

My pic of my car has Progress drop and its an I4 as I already stated. It has nothing in the trunk other than the spare tire.

My question is if I put KYB's in the back, would it lift up my back some? I would like that because IMO, I don't like my rear. I would like it a tad lifted, and eventually I might put 1 10" sub in the rear also.</div>

I'll tell you this, when I switched out my stock front struts for the Koni inserts, the front did raise ever so slightly. I've always had KYB's in the rear with my Progress springs, but it certainly looks like others who have Progress springs with stock shocks in the rear are sitting a tiny bit lower. Then again, I think it may just look that way compared to mine since most people don't have a rear camber kit and the negative camber makes it look as though the wheel is tucked more.

speaking of negative camber...

i know i know i need a camber kit... when are the tein's gonna come out?

Damn all you 8Gs

I need to put something heavy in the trunk for shows

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

TWISTED II

While on the topic!!!
    For those of you that has OBX coilovers...How is the ride? How much can you actually adjust them? Good quality material?
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    While on the topic!!!
    For those of you that has OBX coilovers...How is the ride? How much can you actually adjust them? Good quality material?
    Its a little bouncy actually a lot bouncy with the stock sruts and shocks. But once I got the Agx's (front only) it cut down the bounce a lot, but there is still a bounce , but not as bad as it was before.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

Its a little bouncy actually a lot bouncy with the stock sruts and shocks. But once I got the Agx's (front only) it cut down the bounce a lot, but there is still a bounce , but not as bad as it was before.
    :? WTF did you just say???

J/K
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast