The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: No Start And No CEL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    all is good my dude from the shop pull the head and what not to see if all was ok. And he gave me the green light to time it now. What i would like to know is what way the crank should be facing time right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    I dont think that would cause the fuel pump to stop working. Check your spark. if you have no spark or fuel more than likely your crankshaft position sensor went out.
    I win!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

That looks to be the balance shaft belt.

Also, the spark is related to the crank shaft sensor and the rotating assembly of the distributor. The camshaft sensor doesnt distribute the spark as it does with the DOHC ignition. It triggers the injectors and the fuel pump for our cars.

Just make sure:

1. Pull the spark plugs and ground the threads. While cranking the engine see if you get sparks.
    2. Pull the fuel feed line/not the line that goes from the FPR to tank/ and while cranking see if theres a steady and strong fuel flow.

If the balance shaft belt snapped then it probably knocked out the crank sensor. You have to align the timing marks for the oil pump /rear balance shaft/ by using the screw driver method with the timing mark of the front balance shaft
    Last edited by mko; 08-13-2009 at 02:18 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    That looks to be the balance shaft belt.

Also, the spark is related to the crank shaft sensor and the rotating assembly of the distributor. The camshaft sensor doesnt distribute the spark as it does with the DOHC ignition. It triggers the injectors and the fuel pump for our cars.

Just make sure:

1. Pull the spark plugs and ground the threads. While cranking the engine see if you get sparks.
    2. Pull the fuel feed line/not the line that goes from the FPR to tank/ and while cranking see if theres a steady and strong fuel flow.

If the balance shaft belt snapped then it probably knocked out the crank sensor. You have to align the timing marks for the oil pump /rear balance shaft/ by using the screw driver method with the timing mark of the front balance shaft

Yeah i think thats what happed because i was at 5200 rpms when it just cut off..So tomorrow when im going to but at the track my people going to change it for me...

we start to start the car but nope and my father come with that shit they use at autozone to check my cel but it said car not responding

maybe the ecu is fried
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Experienced TGC Member
    im telling you. Check your crank sensor. When that balance shaft belt went out it could have taken the sensor out with it. I dont see the timing making the fuel pump stop working at all.

yeah but think about it if the crank senor was out the CEL would be on...

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XXL4G64 View Post
    yeah but think about it if the crank senor was out the CEL would be on...
    Mine didnt throw a CEL and we checked every fucking thing.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    ya I remember that episode.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    Mine didnt throw a CEL and we checked every fucking thing.
    really and all the same thing happed because im trying to see because when my mom t-belt went. She told me the first light to come on was the oil than the cel. When it came to a stop all the lights came on but this was a 8G.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XXL4G64 View Post
    really and all the same thing happed because im trying to see because when my mom t-belt went. She told me the first light to come on was the oil than the cel. When it came to a stop all the lights came on but this was a 8G.

Dude seriously. Im giving you a VERY likely cause. If youre going to question it then dont check it. EVERY issue ive ever had in my car that SHOULD have thrown and CEL never did. Im telling you. CHECK IT!

Well i got the check engine light back but now it is something new i go to start it and i hear this high pitch metal to metal sound so what you think because the dude that time my mom t-belt did mines as well and we try to start it when it didnt have a check engine light on. but now i put back all the belts and the lower timing cover i hear it i just want to know were you guys think it is coming from. PS the motor is hard to turn by hand now

Experienced TGC Member
    Sounds like yall didnt set the timing correctly. youre probably fucked. Is it hard to turn at ALL times or only during certain times during the rotation? Could be the pistons smacking the valves.

nuh i ment to post this early she start up i have to tight the timing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12