The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CEL Code 43: EGR fault

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

CEL Code 43: EGR fault

Hi, I have a 94 Galant LS. CEL came on, used a wire to get the code and it's a code 43: EGR Fault. I had a used engine put in about 2 weeks ago and was wondering whether the used engine came with an EGR valve or would the mechanic used the EGR valve that was on the old engine? If cleaning the valve of carbon doesn't get rid of the CEL, or getting another EGR valve, steps I haven't done yet, anyone knows of other things I can DIY before I go to a mechanic? Thanks.

Most commonly when an engine is put in it is JUST the main block (including pistons, crank, rods) but no cylinder head, intake, exhaust, or sensors. So most likely it is the old EGR off the old engine. But its best to ask the person who installed the engine. If it was a used engine, it is quite possible that the used engine may have been complete, and just itself has a faulty EGR valve.

just remove it - it has two 12mm bolts and then clean it with some engine degreaser and it should be fine
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

if you can find it, remove it and clean it,good....if it doesnt work you dont need to take it to a mechanic. If you can do the above, just buy a new one and install it.

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"