The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5 speed swap question

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 66 of 66
    so check out the Chilton manual today, looked at the wiring diagram found that i need to cross the orange wire that is hanging out separately and the black/yellow on the inhabiti switch....

car wont start

any idea?
    you guys said deleted the clutch switch that mean dont worry about it or have to do something about it? i am not sure about what deleted mean in this case...

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    its the big black wire with the stripe. The Main 2 big wires are the ones u cross.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i love it when people read the tutorials
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Ya reading is fundamental.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

it is not much detail on wiring at peno's page i found the answer on dsmtunner

after my swap i will put some thing that peno did not have on his site
    for real, i follow the whole tutorial from begin to end of the swap, very helpful on major parts. i read it like 10 times before i even buying all the parts. i would like to give a big thanks to peno and bronxbombr for walking me thourgh

p.s.
    as i reading dsmtunner. i found that you can use a 1g shifter on the 2g shifter assembly. nothing wrong with the 2g shifter, but the 1g looks shorter and more in 1 piece, my now it is very long Ralco one
    Last edited by kamenfaiz; 09-01-2009 at 12:28 AM

I just did the 5spd swap also, and peano's writeup led me straight to the wires I needed to cross for startup.

"To get the car to start, you'll have to cross the two main big black wires on the inhibitor plug. It's the biggest plug that went to the auto tranny (it doesn't go anywhere now) but you'll need to cross those two wires so the ECU will let the engine start."

as well as the ones needed for the reverse lights.

"To wire up the reverse switch on the new tranny, splice into the same inhibitor plug that you had to hack into to get the car to start. It doesn't matter which way you wire them to the reverse plug on the tranny, but splice into the red wire with green stripe and red wire with blue stripe, and wire each one to their own terminal on the reverse plug."

its pretty clear I think.
    Good job on your swap kaminfaiz. do you have it back on the road yet?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234