The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need Socal Member to Test fit Carbon trunk group buy!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 79 of 79
    well to tell the truth, I talked to them about that, and right now the blame doesn't fall on hirev it's on GT fabrications, the people that do the actual fab work, they have been behind, I'll keep you guys posted as I talk to them more.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Well, then Hirev needs to get thier money back from GT Fab cause of thier ablity to not make shit and either find another fab shop or issue refunds. It shouldnt take a yr to make one. I could be using that money for other mods.

Sorry. I knoiw that there are several other people that have been waiting for this to go through. Im just not the type to keep my mouth shut about stupid crap like this.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

updated...
    oct-7-09...
    FG test fittment...

My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fitment looks legit, I'm gonna talk to Hirev about starting to make the carbon versions, people in this group buy, are you happy with the fitment?]

that looks really good.....did they say what they did different this time or what went wrong with the old one?

Looks so much better then before, but whys the left/right side higher near the window in the video? was the trunk closed all the way?
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    is it me or are the gaps on the sides a bit too big? im not in this group buy but it just doesnt seem right to me

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    Looks so much better then before, but whys the left/right side higher near the window in the video? was the trunk closed all the way?
    +1

if it was test fit without the torsion bars on the hinges that gap shouldnt naturally be there. if the torsion bars were in and its a test FG trunk, the force of the torsion bars would push it up in the corners because it would flex. The edge gaps do look a little wide.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

looks like the same problem they had with the 2 trunks they sent me

the torsion bars were on for the test fit, I just talked to Raul from Hirev, he want's to know how many people are still in this and I'll start posting more info, etc...

I am. I hope they dont back out cause we lost so many people!

if they fix those raised trunk gaps near the windows, im still in...
    13 GTR

Like Stewie and Greddy said, the final product wont be like that. This is cause it is a test fit.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Hey just a quick question...where there any pics taken without those boxed resting on top of the trunk? just wanna make sure we dont have more issues than meets the eye due to the weight of the boxes on there. In regard to the gap near the window I think that might be from the tension of the torsion bars pushing up on it, I think if you removed one of the two bars that gap would be minimal, the other option is to get about3/16" worth of washers between the hinges and where they bolt to the car to effectively offset the gap. we also have to consider the final product should be more layers than the prototype which would mean it would be slightly less flexible.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I will be in once I see the final product in CF and a perfect fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Hey just a quick question...where there any pics taken without those boxed resting on top of the trunk? just wanna make sure we dont have more issues than meets the eye due to the weight of the boxes on there. In regard to the gap near the window I think that might be from the tension of the torsion bars pushing up on it, I think if you removed one of the two bars that gap would be minimal, the other option is to get about3/16" worth of washers between the hinges and where they bolt to the car to effectively offset the gap. we also have to consider the final product should be more layers than the prototype which would mean it would be slightly less flexible.
    ohhh well stewi... there's not pic without the boxes because the FG trunk wasn't too heavy to keep the trunk down..!! just to make myself clear...there was to much power on tension bar to push it up...lol...
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

hirev has guaranteed a perfect fit

Okay cool, will they put that in writing this time? Since last time they said they could give refunds, then all the sudden they backed out. I hope this shit fits, my trunk literally has 1 screw holding it in place lol
    13 GTR

im in and as i mentioned before my $200 deposit is going towards ONE TRUNK ONLY and im not buying a second one

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234