The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My G build started :)

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 159
    Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar

My G build started :)

Well guys my build has started I believe 2 months ago and thought that it would be nice to funaly show you guys my progress in my work. Right now im working with my G motor with forged internals and PP built head, also swich the intake manifold to an 03 outlander manifold. I hope you guys like it, and i will be updating more pix soon with the turbo on, and soon enough this best will be put into my car. Last pix is my friends Cobra engine built and ready to go, right now its just getting tuned and dyno...did his engine first b/c his engine looked more pretty and was fun. Dont mind the mess in the garag.lol

When I fist started

CP Forged pistons showing...ooo nice and clean

Another look

Side of the motor

Front of motor with the head on

Another look at the side

engine when first at my house...big ass engine. Dont have much pix of his motor cuz we just worked on it fast but next is what it looks like done.

the beast looks like now...we are vary happy with the work me and my friend Chris did. Next will be sound clip.

Well thats it guys I hope you like what I have and will be updating with more pix and letting you know how everything goes. Cant wait till my project is done and ready to go.
    Last edited by Galantfan88; 08-14-2009 at 12:48 AM

build looks great, i moved it to the project section though. Keep up the good work.

And get rid of all the extra little [img] things :)

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    build looks great, i moved it to the project section though. Keep up the good work.

And get rid of all the extra little [img] things :)
    Ok all better.lol but thank you i cant wait to get more pix and upload them.

Some more pix to check out with turbo and exhaust manifold

Looking great man! I know you haven't put it in the car yet, but are there any clearance issues with the Outlander intake? That thing looks huge!

Looking pretty good... what type of turbo is that?
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Quote Originally Posted by menace View Post
    Looking great man! I know you haven't put it in the car yet, but are there any clearance issues with the Outlander intake? That thing looks huge!
    I do not believe that there is any kind of clearance issue with the manifold since people have already done this modification but if anything will deff let you know. But thank you vary much and cant wait to get this engine in.

Quote Originally Posted by phizzalot View Post
    Looking pretty good... what type of turbo is that?
    The turbo im using is the Precision turbo gt35, and thanx for the comments guys:) looking toward to the day i get it in.

Just some more pix I took of the motor

Hi have you tried to put this setup in the car yet I have the same turbo manifold but clearences look to tight for comfort

Quote Originally Posted by troubled4g64t View Post
    Hi have you tried to put this setup in the car yet I have the same turbo manifold but clearences look to tight for comfort
    No srry man, I havnt placed this in my car yet waiting for the month I have off from my school and have alil more time which should be vary soon. But ill look into it and see if it will be ok. Ill get back to you about this

Those pistons don't have any valve pockets.... Something tells me thats going to be a problem. What pistons are you usings? For what engine?
    Your dump tube is exactly where the starter should be, you should reroute that elsewhere. What engine is that cyl head from??
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    Those pistons don't have any valve pockets.... Something tells me thats going to be a problem. What pistons are you usings? For what engine?
    Your dump tube is exactly where the starter should be, you should reroute that elsewhere. What engine is that cyl head from??
    Hey whats up Roman?

These are CP forged pistons with flat tops 9:5.1 ratio I forget cuz I bought this a while ago so dont get me on the ratio part. I hope there wont be a problem, but if you dont mind me asking why my friend?

This is a 4g64 SOHC motor, I bought it fully stock and took it apart got the head P&P. The head is going to have Beehive valve springs/w stage 3 RPW turbo camshaft.

I also had a feeling that the dump was in the way of the starter but that no problem I just wanted to see how everything looked when put together.
    Last edited by Galantfan88; 08-27-2010 at 02:47 PM

Pistons are 9:5.1
    Last edited by Galantfan88; 08-27-2010 at 02:47 PM

while you are doing this you should block off the EGR. Good Luck!
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

HAHA I was just talking to my friend min ago about deleting the EGR.LOL thanx alot man

But if you delete the egr would we have a prob. passing emissions if not where can i get a plate to do it. Or is it more then to it then that? I'm orderinga new rebuilt block soon and building a hole new motor then this spring I hope to do the 5sd swap and full turbo I have this same manifoldw/ a t3/t4 ar50 .57 trim evo 510cc injectors 28*7*2.5 intercooler and sohc head that Im rebuilding now to put on the new block but have ?'s that no can (or will) answer.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Any updates?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Any updates?
    x2

Sorry guys right now just sitting in the garage :( Christmas and the New Years slowed me down alot but as of right now everything is ready to go in Im going to get some more pix up, but for now Im waiting for my Evo seats to get in so I can work on that. Right now its way to cold to work on anything...even with the heater in the garage I am cold as hell man...dont work well in the cold.lol But give me a little more time and will start to get things going again.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast