The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My G build started :)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 159
    Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    Cheese n Rice!!!!! lol You been busy dude. lol Sucks she won't be ready for MOD:(
    Once again great work its coming along nicely
    haha yeah I been pretty busy with so much stuff between school and work so Im up from 6 in the morning and dont go to bed till 3 in the morning. Maybe Ill have her towed to MOD than back.lol

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Would anybody know what to do with the speed sensor wiring? I have a 3g speed sensor connector but is there any type of wiring that I have to do with this or custom the connector some how with the 3g connector and auto connector? Please please please can someone help me. This is the last thing I need to do and this week start the car.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    haha yeah I been pretty busy with so much stuff between school and work so Im up from 6 in the morning and dont go to bed till 3 in the morning. Maybe Ill have her towed to MOD than back.lol
    Yeah I feel you there before I got laid off anyway lol. Mass blows!!! when it comes to jobs lol.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Would anybody know what to do with the speed sensor wiring? I have a 3g speed sensor connector but is there any type of wiring that I have to do with this or custom the connector some how with the 3g connector and auto connector? Please please please can someone help me. This is the last thing I need to do and this week start the car.
    ???????

If I knew what it was I would hook you up. What is it for maybe I could look into it?

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

If I knew what it was I would hook you up. What is it for maybe I could look into it?
    Thanks man...well its just the speed sensor connector, I dont wanna just connect it bc the wires are different and I tried reading Romans 5 speed swap but it dosnt really fully show or tell you how or what to do with the speed sensor wire and I had my friend look at it...he didnt know. This is the last step to make everything done and work so for tonight I wanna figure out what I need to do with this pig tail connector to the speed sensor.

Did you pm Roman? None of what you said made sense to me lol. Reading this n my girl telling me about the people trapped in a mine in Chile was just scrambled my brain lol. You try bringing her to a speed shop or something? N see if they can figure it out for you?

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Did you pm Roman? None of what you said made sense to me lol. Reading this n my girl telling me about the people trapped in a mine in Chile was just scrambled my brain lol. You try bringing her to a speed shop or something? N see if they can figure it out for you?
    haha yeah its kinda hard to explain what Im dealing with, and I read another thread about this and it seems that Galante has it working but still alil funky. I PM'ed Roman and not sure when he would get back bc I have no idea how busy he is and I try my best not to really bother him.

This is what I found from Galante:I was able to wire up my speedo 2 days ago. The Yellow wire from the speed sensor is the ground (connected to the battery), the White goes to the
    Grey/Silver on the C17 connector and the Black goes to the Black/Yellow. My tank was half full at the time. I will try to get a full tank of gas and see if I will have the same problem run1206 had.

Untill Roman or someone gets back to me, Im going to try this and hopefuly I wont creat a bomb instead.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    do you have an 02 or and 03? You have to tap into wire on the c17 connector underneath the dash, hold on let me find the link...

edit:heres the link
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...t=19778&page=2
    now i tried this and it didn't work for me, but that doesn't mean anything, i might have a bad speed sensor. i just haven't got around to ordering a new one yet... i would personally make sure the speed sensor wires match what you hook upt o, aka power signal and ground, i think i got them confused and fried my sensor.
    Last edited by Galantman03; 10-13-2010 at 02:05 PM

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    do you have an 02 or and 03? You have to tap into wire on the c17 connector underneath the dash, hold on let me find the link...

now i tried this and it didn't work for me, but that doesn't mean anything, i might have a bad speed sensor. i just haven't got around to ordering a new one yet... i would personally make sure the speed sensor wire match what you hook upto, aka power signal and ground, i think i got them confused and fried my sensor.
    I have a 2002 G

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post

now i tried this and it didn't work for me, but that doesn't mean anything, i might have a bad speed sensor. i just haven't got around to ordering a new one yet... i would personally make sure the speed sensor wires match what you hook upt o, aka power signal and ground, i think i got them confused and fried my sensor.
    Ok thanks alot for the link man, I will try this out and hopefuly Ill get some good results but it seems that everyone is having trouble figuring this out. Once again man, thanx for the help

Is she running yet?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Yeah man she awake?

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Alright alright alright guys.lol Well here you go as I promised. The videos arent to long bc we didnt have the coolant hooked up but we wanted to start it up and make sure she runs. Only problem I ran into as you will notice in the video with all the smoke is that the turbo needs to be rebuilt, it was burning oil...and stupid Boomslang conversion harness is no good.

BOOMSLANG SUCKS!!!

Pay $350.00 for what, for them to create a problem that I may have to fix...be careful with these people TGC. I couldn't use the Evo 8 ECU bc of this...car wouldn't spark but when using stock ECU car started up, just needs to have a nice tune and timed alil better. But here are the vids from last night guys, and dont mind my friend Chris, hes always bitching about something.lol

Also to let you guys know its an open down pipe and the RPW camshaft sound sweeet!!!
    First Crank: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwiLHHzPlps
    She lives!!!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt1yoMZUFdk

NICE!!!! Just a few tweaks n a loooooong drive n she'll be good lol. Nice work

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Too bad your motor blew up Jesus :(

yes!!!! It's running. Good shit. Congrats!
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by cobrastang161 View Post
    Too bad your motor blew up Jesus :(
    It didnt blow up Chris you didnt stay long enough to know what happend ...but as I was going to tell everyone.lol

Ok bad luck happend to me guys, the motor yes did run but didnt stay on for some reason and we been wondering why didnt it stay running. Me and my friend Rob pulled the head off and found something very very verrryyy weird. There was a bronze long piece of metel thing in cylinder 2 and destroyed the piston and head. Thank God the vales are ok and cylinder wall was ok but piston took one hell of a beating. So now we gatta take the motor out and rebuild it.

Now how did this thing get into cylinder 2....well my guess is that this one fucker I was working with and had problems with. This guy lived in FL and was suppose to port the intake manifold but had it for like 4 months and I askked him if he worked on it yet, and never got an answer back from him. So I threatened him I would take him to court and shit like that...so his ex GF sent it back to me bc she felt bad cuz he was using her email and everything else and I would of had to take her to court instead of him. So she sent it back and what I didnt know is that the fucker put a piece of metal in the intake manifold. So when was started the car the metal got sucked in and destroyed cylinder 2. Now it has to be rebuilt but we will get there.

So to anybody buying an 03 outlander intake manifold...check it before you put it in the car.

OUCH dude i was all happy that you got her going that fuckin sucks bro all that hard work just to do it over but you live n learn so next time you'll know to double check everything. N hopefully she'll be good be the snow hits the ground.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

OUCH dude i was all happy that you got her going that fuckin sucks bro all that hard work just to do it over but you live n learn so next time you'll know to double check everything. N hopefully she'll be good be the snow hits the ground.
    Dude I was speechless when we took the head off, but yes we live and learn and now I will double and triple check everything. So here we go again =(

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast