The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My G build started :)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Showing results 141 to 159 of 159
    I made my own harness with the specs from tgc, BUT you are an 02 and I'm an 03 and Im pretty sure that something with the MFI is doing this, do you have spark? are you injectors firing? is your fuel pump relay firing on start up? This is the same thing that I had, would crank, but no start, and I wasn't getting spark. So I was very sure that my issue was either the harness, or the imob, but I never got enough time to figure that stuff out before I left, and it bothers me lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Well checked out everything on the car and the spark plugs are firing and the injectors work cuz the spark plugs are wet and smell like gas. Everything is working the way it should...so right now going to have the engine re-timed again to make sure thats ok. I put the stock ECU back on just to get it started but realized that that is prob why car wont start...bc its sending the injectors wrong signals bc its set for stock injectors and not Evo 8 550cc injectors, but when I put the Evo 8 ECU in the car just turned and no spark....nothing. I thing either the immob is still on there or F'n Boomslang F'ed up once more for the second time. Imma take the Evo 8 ECU to TurboTrix to check out if the immob been taken off and flash it to my engine modifications only for us to start her, but if that dosnt work....deff wiring problem with the Boomslang harness or wiring for the injectors...maybe with the resistor box. Its either to much fuel or not enough. If anybody have anything in mind and like to share pleaaase do. This is just an update.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Guess what guys, shes finally on and running. I drove her alil bit today and love the way it drives. Only thing is shifting is kinda weird...between 2nd and 3rd. Dosn't really get into gear but still goes and works. Heres a small bad video, later ill get a better one in better quality. Enjoy!!!

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Glad to see it finally running
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Congrats been dying to see it running

«Carlos»

Jesus! long time no speak. Im glad your car is running. Its a great build and worth the wait.

Thanks alot guys, and yeah it took a long time because of school and work but it was so worth the wait. The car sounds like a best with the stage 3 camshaft from RPW. Only thing is that idk if its bc the car is not fully tuned or gear ratio needs fixing or Im rusty at shifting gears, but 2nd and 3rd make the car wobble so I have to ride on the clutch alil longer before letting it go. Speedo still needs fixing and reverse light...after brake in full tune and boost this baby up =)

Carl!!! So sorry buddy, I been so busy so a long time now and been trying to get back to slowing my life down. No joke...school is killing me right now and it was so hard to really have time of my own which is why I handed the car down to Turbo Trix to get it started. Let chill soon buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    Carl!!! So sorry buddy, I been so busy so a long time now and been trying to get back to slowing my life down. No joke...school is killing me right now and it was so hard to really have time of my own which is why I handed the car down to Turbo Trix to get it started. Let chill soon buddy.
    Lets chill when its warm or something lol I like the snow for about a day then get tired of it. I know what you mean, ive been in and out of school because its hard to get a job. I pay for what I can afford even if its one class a semester.

I remember from the edgewater meet your car was the loudest one there lol Are you still in between the 2 towns like before?

Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    Lets chill when its warm or something lol I like the snow for about a day then get tired of it. I know what you mean, ive been in and out of school because its hard to get a job. I pay for what I can afford even if its one class a semester.

I remember from the edgewater meet your car was the loudest one there lol Are you still in between the 2 towns like before?
    Hahaaaa yeah my car was pretty damn loud...got pulled over so many times but never got a ticket which is kinda weird, maybe bc I was always on the highway.lol Yeah man Im still located in Carteret and Manalapan...mostly in Carteret near Woodbridge or rahway.

That's good. Cartaret is only 20 mins from me on the parkway. Are you 21 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    That's good. Cartaret is only 20 mins from me on the parkway. Are you 21 yet?
    Im 23 bro.lol

Nice Job bro. Sounds good. Yeah man you need to tune it. Speedo is fixable no problem. I got mine working for about a month now "MINT". Dont drive her hard until you get her tuned. data log knock. keep us posted

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Nice Job bro. Sounds good. Yeah man you need to tune it. Speedo is fixable no problem. I got mine working for about a month now "MINT". Dont drive her hard until you get her tuned. data log knock. keep us posted
    Yeah bro I kept the car at work for the night and just got back from driving the car home and it seems 2nd and 3rd are kinda a problem...like I have to ride on the clutch alil for it not to wobble and feels like its about to shut off so I have to push back slowly on the clutch, but that could be bc it need a full tune or bc its a brand new clutch. We will see what happened, and Im driving like so slow anywhere I go with her.lol Other than that man, speedo fix and knock sensor to get readings. Engine runs really strong and so aggressive with the Stage 3 camshaft. Oil pressure seems good, and the engine is running rich so deff ganna get a nice full tune after everything is working.
    If this problem with the tranny keeps happening with 2nd and 3rd imma take it back to Turbo Trix to see what they see and if fixed put a full tune on it.

Good. Yeah. You need a knock sensor to get the tune going. Maybe is not the clutch is just losing power if you ruining to rich. The higher the rpm the richer it will get.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Good. Yeah. You need a knock sensor to get the tune going. Maybe is not the clutch is just losing power if you ruining to rich. The higher the rpm the richer it will get.
    That deff could be it, idle is at 1000 rpm and trying to get it down but for some reason the throttle body wont let me adjust it. Im going to make a much better video later and show you what I mean. What you just said sounds like whats going on, but how come when I push the clutch back in alil it starts to run smoother?

Yeah. This is the thing. When you go with bigger cams you need to tune the idle. You need to mess with it and also you need to increase the min for close loop so at start up the car could get a good amount of fuel on open loop for a longer period of time. the computer is trying to bring the idle down to 703 RPM or so *evo ECU*, with the bigger cam there is more air coming in so it will increase the RPM to compensate for the extra air.

About the clutch, is because since the engine is weak at that point, by pushing the clutch back in you are taking the load off the engine. You will see that also like in a N/a car at very low rpm like in second gear or 3rd the clutch is trying to stop the engine and the engine dont have the HP to move it fast. so you feel the car drag.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 12-02-2011 at 02:35 PM

SOHC Turbo

Yeah. This is the thing. When you go with bigger cams you need to tune the idle. You need to mess with it and also you need to increase the min for close loop so at start up the car could get a good amount of fuel on open loop for a longer period of time. the computer is trying to bring the idle down to 703 RPM or so *evo ECU*, with the bigger cam there is more air coming in so it will increase the RPM to compensate for the extra air.

About the clutch, is because since the engine is weak at that point, by pushing the clutch back in you are taking the load off the engine. You will see that also like in a N/a car at very low rpm like in second gear or 3rd the clutch is trying to stop the engine and the engine dont have the HP to move it fast. so you feel the car drag.
    Yep, I understand now. After I finish up the wiring with the speedo and alil more brake in Im taking the car to get a full tune so we can fix out these lil kinks. Can you do me a favor and send me a clear way of getting the speedo done. Reason why I ask is bc my wire color is different than others (white, yellow, black). I assumed black was ground but people are saying nooooo its not. So I am lost forever on this unless I have it really explained to be properly.

Some new pix guys:

type M
    hey goosey2099 its me type M we met in the spring in philly the u go by spooled right i had the same front convertion just in black

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678