The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2g eclipse to 7g galant transmission

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

2g eclipse to 7g galant transmission

OK has any one actually swaped the transmission from a 2g eclipse into a 7g galant. If anyone has please let me know what all is required to do this. DO NOT tell me not to do it I need to know if and how its done!! I know the 7g is a weaker transmission. I have some one wanting to trade me a 7g galant for some spare parts I have for 1g eclipse's. I need to know this b/c I can not find a used transmission for my 2g eclipse and want to swap in the weaker galant transmission as a temp transmission. I am going to use the block for a stroker hybrid.

Thanks

look in the tutorial section on how its done Galant 5-speed swap... There are a few on this board that are doing the swap now...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

you know that is the myth
    they said all the 5-speed tranny are the same for the mitsu
    but when i look into an eclipse tranny they are about 600
    but galant tranny is like half that price

I didnt do the work. But my 7G was 5speed swapped before I got it and the tranny is out of a 2G eclipse
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    been there done that, like 9th, or 10th time now.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Ok, well I screw up and forgot to mention this is an automatic transmission. If it was a manual I would not even ask any questions I know what needs to be done to do a manual swap (I wish the car was a manual)

I think the gearing is different
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

Well I can understand that but I need to know if it will work and what needs to be done to make it work IE: TCU, pin adustments ect.

everything just swaps over the only problem you will have with putting the auto trans in the 2g, for the fact that there are more sensors on the auto trans that you will need to figure out how to wire up. Also you are going to need to swap the ecu's which means repinning two ecu's and then putting in the auto trans has a standalone ecu for shifting and ect. there are some tutorials on how to do it.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Do you know where I can find the tutorial? I have searched an can not find it.
    Last edited by nuclearr; 08-16-2009 at 07:16 PM

1996 galant s

Thanks but I have seen that I am not trying to 5 speed swap I am trying to put in an auto transmission. If I could find/ afford it I would 5-speed swap. I have the opportunity to get an automatic for next to nothing.

umm lol well there isn't going to be a 5spd to auto trans swap tutorial cause no one wants in automatic transmission.

1996 galant s

i think he is saying auto to auto
    but i dont think anybody want auto

Well I dont want auto but atleast untill I find a dooner car I was trying to see if any one swaped in the auto transmission. I would rather go manual but if I spend that much money I am going to wait and find a 2g eclipse for an awd conversion. I have some one wantig to trade me a 7g galant for suff I have laying around. I was hoping I could use the auto transmission just to get my eclipse atleat driveable. I cant really drive the car with no reverse and sutck in 3rd.

you have a broken shift fork. But you can do it or you could search for a 7g galant manual tranmission, they are the same as the eclipse ones but coast half as much, i picked my 94gs up for 250 bux while the same place wanted over 600 bux for a eclipse transmission.

1996 galant s

i know man this is what i been saying

you are complaining about the price, its cheaper to do the swap than to keep getting the crappy automatics. FYI

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    you are complaining about the price, its cheaper to do the swap than to keep getting the crappy automatics. FYI
    cosigned!

A/T rebuild is like 3 grand
    M/T swap less than 1 Grand

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

ok well you all are not understanding the point I know manual is better but hurricane season is in full swing here and I FLOOD!! I need this car moveable. I am not looking to rebuild the auto I can do it my self for under 1000$ I am holding off on the manual coversion untill I can get a manual AWD 2g eclipse. I am just trying to put it on the road even if its only for two months. Most AWD donor cars are going for 3000 down here well out of my price range for a car I am going to cut apart!! I am looking for the 1500-2000 range but still do not have the funds even if I find one. I have some one who has a 7g glant and wants to trade for a set of cams and bushing kit that I have that I am never going to use. So if i can get the electronics to work on the galant transmission I will be able to move the car even if it woulnt hold up in the long run!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast