The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: did the duals....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 51

did the duals....

3" may seem overkill, but I honestly didn't notice ANY difference. Sounds mean. I have no mufflers so its a bit raspy. I've been looking at either a single muffler before they split or two oval type with the tips. Not sure yet. I did the work myself all from used Yukons and the tips are from the new Vibe I want to say. All free.

Last edited by 6G72T; 08-20-2009 at 09:54 PM

Member since October '03

looks good!

Looks good for a great price!
    Love,
    Matt

Experienced TGC Member
    They look pretty good, just not a fan of how low the exhaust is under the car.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    X2, It looks like it would hit the ground a lot over speed bumps or bumpy roads. But it looks good other than that, sound clip?

awesome...!!!
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    looks good. I would clean up the piping a little bit though, possibly with some really high temp paint. The difference in color of the piping is throwing me off, and its really visible being that low on the car

x3, looks good, but just a little too low. Hope you have some good roads around where you live
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Well, having the coilovers really makes it easier. It doesnt bounce as low as if it were soft riding. There is about 2.5" of clearance. and whats funny since you mentioned that, I did raise it because it was closer than that. But yeah I was thinking silver paint or black.

Member since October '03

Looks nice, and I remember how it sounds from meeting in Normal last time around. Black powdercoated pipes would be tits. And you should be able to run the piping ABOVE the rear axle and then split it to the other side.

yeah actually i contemplated it when i was at that point. just at the time i was at work and i needed to drive it home. but it's been fine so far. i'll have to come across more piping so that i can do it later on. next week were moving into our first house so we will be busy. but when i get to that point i will start looking into the muffler setup so i can go through emissions.

Member since October '03

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    kew

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    +1 on that. I like the tips a lot tho.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Looks nice, and I remember how it sounds from meeting in Normal last time around. Black powdercoated pipes would be tits. And you should be able to run the piping ABOVE the rear axle and then split it to the other side.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6G72T View Post
    yeah actually i contemplated it when i was at that point. just at the time i was at work and i needed to drive it home. but it's been fine so far. i'll have to come across more piping so that i can do it later on. next week were moving into our first house so we will be busy. but when i get to that point i will start looking into the muffler setup so i can go through emissions.
    wow that piping is low... when i had mine done, i specifically had them do the split above the rear crossmember because of how low my car is... i think i would have ripped the piping off accidentally by now if it went under the rear cross member... but i am running 2.5" from the split back so it was "easier" than trying to stuff 3" piping through that gap (mine splits ahead of the gap). i also instructed the shop to keep the piping as close as possible to the tire well so that i would not lose too much ground clearance... and the result was i didn't lose any, and may have gained some! since you are going to have to do a muffler(s) sooner or later, you should look into redoing the piping to go over the cross member, maybe splitting it after the gap if clearance is an issue. here are some pics of mine for ideas:

as you can see, my piping is actually higher than the lowest parts of the suspension. also the way i did my tips, mufflers and rear bumper, the tips and mufflers are actually higher that stock would be... no more scraping on driveways. added bonus to routing abouve the cross member is that the piping is nearly invisible (it sits higher than the body kit)... the only thing you see from behind the car (unless you get down on the ground) is the bottoms of the SS mufflers and the tips.

Sorry but your setup won't last more than 50 miles.

I like! If you do what Reelax said, then i think it will be the shit! Lets get a sound clip!
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Quote Originally Posted by rez887 View Post
    Sorry but your setup won't last more than 50 miles.
    sorry but its been 200+ i know where I drive is good. the roads out here are nice. i can go over curbs diagonally and i'm fine.

Member since October '03

Owned! LOL! But for real man, can we some sound clips of it?
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    get a video clip of u doing a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    Owned! LOL! But for real man, can we some sound clips of it?
    yeah actually i can try and get one later today. my camera doesn't really do it justice. its old school. but i will warn you it is raspy without mufflers around 4k and higher when under WOT.

Member since October '03

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast