The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Would I Need Spacers?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    blue8g

Would I Need Spacers?

Would i need spacers to run 18x7.5 +48 with 235/40/18 tires? also would any rolling or other modifications be needed? I'm lowered on Tein Springs

You'll need to roll your fenders for sure with tires that wide unless you run mad camber, I doubt you'll need spacers though, unless you're planning on clearing evo brembos....
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

blue8g
    hmm i thought that'd be too high alright thanks, will i have to roll all four fenders or just two?

too high for what, brembo clearance or other reasons, you'll have to roll the rears for sure, the fronts you MIGHT be able to get away with if you run mad camber, but I would suggest rolling them as well.

blue8g
    i meant i thought it would rub on the suspension, would it rub all the time or just on full lock?

all the time, idk for sure though, I've have run both 235s and 245s, but that was on coilovers, you might rub on the spring perch up front, honestly, unless you're really gonna go and do a lot of auto x and track days, stick with 225 width tires.

blue8g
    oh the wheels come with 235's and i'd use them from now until the day after homecoming lmao, then the steelies come back for the winter and i'd order some toyo proxes r1r or t1r 225/40/18

I see, well here is my question to you, do you have plans to run brembos in the future, or any sort of big brake upgrade, if so, I would look for something in a lower offset right away rather than buying a set now and then buying another set later, and the T1R's are great tires, I have two sets of them right now, you'll love them

Quote Originally Posted by blu8g View Post
    Would i need spacers to run 18x7.5 +48 with 235/40/18 tires? also would any rolling or other modifications be needed? I'm lowered on Tein Springs
    you should be fine... bolt on, no rolling.

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    I see, well here is my question to you, do you have plans to run brembos in the future, or any sort of big brake upgrade, if so, I would look for something in a lower offset right away rather than buying a set now and then buying another set later, and the T1R's are great tires, I have two sets of them right now, you'll love them
    yes i do have plans to run bbk in the future and i'll just use spacers, i don't intend on any hardcore tracking with these wheels, just some autox, these are just going to be my sexy wheels, in a couple years i'll get some lightweight, lower offset wheels to clear everything, and put some r-compounds on them