The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MKO's AWD/Turbo/DOHC/5 Speed Project

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 1043
    Another DIY paint job, modified front bumper, shaved trunk hole, shaved antenna hole.......

Last edited by mko; 09-27-2009 at 06:50 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

looks awsome chris!!!!!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

I had to use the BOV pipe to clear the distributor, plus I dont intend to remove that part again when I add the rest of the IC piping

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    WOW! Didnt see this thread til today. Had no idea the amount of performance mods you've put into this car. From what I saw, looked like you just liked changing the paint on your car quite often! LOL! But seriously, much respect. Car has come aloing nicely. Im liking the 8G spoiler on here too. Creative, the EVO spoiler is a lil too much IMO. Not a fan of the wheels tho, some EVO wheels would look tits on here, or another nice set of 17"s. But at any rate cant wait to see the finished product! GL :)
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Yeah, I need to save up some cash for the Evo wheels, not that I dont like mine, but just these dont clear the 4-piston calipers, or get wheel spacer/adapter

Build Thread

i'm really enjoying seeing your g come along. Just a heads up, your gauges look good where they are, but once you start making real power, its hard enough just to look at the tach, let alone a couple small gauges waaaay outside your field of vision.
    I'm running 24psi daily, and
    its hard as hell to read my wb on the a-pillar lol. When everything on the otherside of your windshield starts to blur... Looking down just doesn't happen for me lol.

ever thought of filling in the auto trans indicators in your cluster?

your car looks shiny man
    Last edited by DOHCstunr; 10-09-2009 at 02:15 AM

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Yeah, I need to save up some cash for the Evo wheels, not that I dont like mine, but just these dont clear the 4-piston calipers, or get wheel spacer/adapter
    Yeah, ppl are selling them all the time on Craigslist. Matter of fact, I think Greddy is still selling his EVO IX wheels for $400 shipped in his FS thread...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

It looks great Mko! Cant wait to see future mods!

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    i'm really enjoying seeing your g come along. Just a heads up, your gauges look good where they are, but once you start making real power, its hard enough just to look at the tach, let alone a couple small gauges waaaay outside your field of vision.
    I'm running 24psi daily, and
    its hard as hell to read my wb on the a-pillar lol. When everything on the otherside of your windshield starts to blur... Looking down just doesn't happen for me lol.

ever thought of filling in the auto trans indicators in your cluster?

your car looks shiny man

I have a cluster off manual galant fitted with prosport temp gauge. It will look really nice when its done. Im tired of not knowing what exactly is going on in the engine.

just a head up:

Build Thread

Well it came to its natural conclusion..... after installing pretty much all supporting mods as coilovers, brakes, sway bars and all other stuff......it was time to do it....finally:

As of now:

450cc blue tops with resistor pack; small 16g with 7cm Bullseye hotside, Evo3 manifold and Evo3 O2 housing; DSM blow off valve; MAFT+SAFC; silicone couplers with t-bolt clamps; MBC with quick bleed valve.

Last edited by mko; 10-12-2009 at 01:14 AM

Build Thread

congrats man, NOW DOHC IT SOHC SUX.
    the only person on this for that like SOHC is john and we know how slow his car is :P

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Peanos car was fairly quick on a SOHC w/13b haha. Also, Angel made 274whp on a SOHC 14b @ 15psi. A SOHC 16g @ 15psi should yield over 300whp.
    7g for life!

Sweet.
    I had thought about completely gutting the factory cluster and using all Defi gauges. 5" tach and speedo, 2" fuel and coolant temp. Custom wire the indicator lamps to the factory bezel.

Would look badass, Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut I find it so hard to spend money on things like that lol. Especially when I need paint, a built motor, and a lsd

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Seth has a lsd but he wont take it out.

1996 galant s

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    If you had AWD, you wouldnt need an LSD haha.
    7g for life!

if your car ran you could use the LSD lol, wait my car doesn't run either lol

1996 galant s

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    Sweet.
    I had thought about completely gutting the factory cluster and using all Defi gauges. 5" tach and speedo, 2" fuel and coolant temp. Custom wire the indicator lamps to the factory bezel.

Would look badass, Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut I find it so hard to spend money on things like that lol. Especially when I need paint, a built motor, and a lsd
    I got a sweet deal on these gauges. I proly paid less than a half of what they cost. Thats why I try to use them.I still needz EGT gauge tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    congrats man, NOW DOHC IT SOHC SUX.
    the only person on this for that like SOHC is john and we know how slow his car is :P
    Need to tuck some wiring and do few more stuff around the engine bay, and it will be on. Still needz to buy head gasket and timing belt, plus the head is almost ready
    Last edited by mko; 10-12-2009 at 01:49 AM

Build Thread

OK, its on. Got the lil stuff all fixed and its working now. I still have to figure shit out with the AFR at idle. I started with less than 1psi and now its running at 4 psi at full boost. Ill play with it some more these days. The AFRs go down to mid 11s at full boost, cruise is at 14.5-15, idle at 17.5. Its fully spooled at 3500 rpms
    Last edited by mko; 10-12-2009 at 06:41 PM

Build Thread

where is your wide band O2 located? If it is to close to the turbo you will get a false reading because of the heat. You want to keep it behind the cat, or test pipe if you don't have a cat, heat is down and it will be a better reading.

1996 galant s

Oh no. Wideband is always before cat, always. The cat will give you lots of false readings. Usually for DSMs the bung is welded 18'' from the turbo. Right now mine sits 2 inches away from the oil pan drain bolt

Build Thread

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast