The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MKO's AWD/Turbo/DOHC/5 Speed Project

Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
Showing results 641 to 660 of 1043
    Cool, I'm glad it fit. I hope you made sure it is square to the body before welding. I never actually pulled that bracket out of the donor car. When it looked like it wouldn't fit I didn't bother. I also wanted to keep the donor together because I thought I'd be selling it more or less whole (which didn't happen). Can you get pictures of it and where the shaft and bearing end up at? I'd suggest just tack welding everything until it is all in place. You really want to keep the shaft as straight as possible.

In the GSX the front hanger is directly under the brace where the front seats bolt down. It is a well reinforced part of the car. I put it there and would suggest you do the same. You'll need to do a fair amount of trimming to make it work as the two tunnels are VERY different at that point. After you get that right then worry about the shaft lengths. If you fudge just a little bit to keep one section the same length it is probably fine but I wouldn't go too far from that area. Oh, and pull out your carpet so it doesn't catch fire :)
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Cool man, thanks for the info.

Either way, lets say I want to prevent having wobbling transfered back to the transfer case which is better to extend - front or middle drive shaft section?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Probably the middle, which is also the most likely candidate to need lengthening. That is the section of the body that likely had to change to make the car shorter for the 2g DSM vs a Galant.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

I pulled the front and rear driveline mounts from a gsx they fit fine I think I just had to grind or cut a little for a perfect fit. The front one is just under the ebrake handle.

i need the side engine mounts to drop an engine with the trans mounted to it, so i can see where exactly the front drive shaft carrier sits and also to measure the how much extending it will need. I might take a trip to Skrap's house and steal his mounts

Build Thread

Most Chrysler vehicles are loaded with crap they dont need and I gladly take it off.

Build Thread

Can you clip a few mm out of the rings and draw them together to get a perfect fit? I'm thinking those would look even sweeter once your cluster is lit up.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

They came off 4 door stratus and it was a mid 2000 model.

Yeah, that was what i did. I grinded off the part where the small rings touch the big ones to have that flush look.
    Last edited by mko; 02-21-2012 at 10:43 PM

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    What are you doing with the cluster? Youre going to fit it to the galant Im assuming? If so why & how?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Nah man, thats the Galant cluster, its just the chrome rings that came off a Chrysler.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Nah man, thats the Galant cluster, its just the chrome rings that came off a Chrysler.
    Ah Hah! **Light Bulb**
    LOL! Looks good
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

I bought some goodies today. I was going back and forth between SS hard line or SS braided line . I finally decided on teflon braided lines for the fuel supply and fuel return lines. I got 20ft of 3/16 SS coil for the brake lines and Im gonna flare it myself.

Build Thread

^ Cool. I know I don't have to say it, but.... as a reminder check and re-check and then check again for leaks. Lol!

Practice the flaring a few times until you know without a doubt you can get it right every time. That way you don't waste any and it comes out perfect.
    Bottom line is saving a few bucks is not worth driving a car without piece of mind. Any shortcuts when it comes to brakes will haunt you every moment you drive the car... and usually when you forget about it is when something goes horribly wrong.
    I'm sure you will get it done primo, its just one of those things where there is no room for compromise(If you like living)

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Here are the pics:

The rear carrier

The front carrier - its pretty trimmed so it fits there.

What do you think - its about 6'' short?

My quick trans installation

Build Thread

I haven't had the driveline built yet but was planning on having a new front one done at a 4x4/drive line shop about $250. If you add the difference in wheelbase between 2g and 7g (6.2 or something like that) it should be spot on perfect.

it comes to 4.9''

Build Thread

Alternator went on me again. Its the second time this month. I got remanufactured one for 98 Galant and did the conversion to OBD 1.

Build Thread

How exactly did you convert the alternator?

What do you end up doing about the drive-line being short?

Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast