The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MKO's AWD/Turbo/DOHC/5 Speed Project

Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Showing results 841 to 860 of 1043
    It will be a DD brah, I want it to be as quiet as possible.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Nice. Glad to see pieces of it still seeing action.

Wish he hadn't lost the Vibrant dual outlet muffler that was on my old GS. That was best muffler ever for OEM look and remaining quiet and refined without sacrificing flow.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

IDK i must be stupid or something, but I cant install the pump assembly.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    IDK i must be stupid or something, but I cant install the pump assembly.
    Is it the right size gasket?
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

I got it with it bro.

Build Thread

Sorry I am not much help on it just didn't have to go through that I just left my pump in the tank and bolted the whole assembly up. I would be willing to take my pump out and snap some pics if you think it will help. It's the least I can do as you have helped me along the way.

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at

Do the basic check. Take the gasket off and see if the pump assembly drops in. After that, put the rubber gasket in place on the gas tank then lube up the pump cover and push it into the gasket. Otherwise you can leave the gasket on the pump assembly, lube it up, push it in as far as you can and then use the nut to pull it the rest of the way down.

You could also try having the gasket half way on/in each and then pressing in.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Might want to wipe it dry and try just vaseline, I have had great luck with that on injectors and other stubborn seals when all else failed.

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at

Thanks guys. I appreciate the advices. Still didnt have time to work on the fuel pump.

So i have good and bad news.

Good news are that exhaust is finished with a little exception of the WG dump to the DP. Also I have compression on all four cylinders.All lights work at the rear of the car, dash illumination works.

Bad news is that I dont have any lights working inside the instrument cluster (CEL, brake, alt)....nothing. The MPI isnt clicking at all.....its kind of disappointing .

I did hack the wires to the airbag module and still have to insulate them. I also hacked the wiring to the ABS ECU, and I wonder if that ECU just uses reference signals to it or actually there are wiring going thru to other components.

Build Thread

Dash is coming out tomorrow. I might have done some wrong with the main power distribution block above the fuse box.

Build Thread

Thanks guys. I appreciate the advices. Still didnt have time to work on the fuel pump.

So i have good and bad news.

Good news are that exhaust is finished with a little exception of the WG dump to the DP. Also I have compression on all four cylinders.All lights work at the rear of the car, dash illumination works.

Bad news is that I dont have any lights working inside the instrument cluster (CEL, brake, alt)....nothing. The MPI isnt clicking at all.....its kind of disappointing .

I did hack the wires to the airbag module and still have to insulate them. I also hacked the wiring to the ABS ECU, and I wonder if that ECU just uses reference signals to it or actually there are wiring going thru to other components.
    your not keeping the ABS?

the abs system is completely independent of the main harness in the car. it has it's own harness and sub harnesses. i think only a few wires link to the cluster. i know because i was gutting a 7G to add abs to my car .

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Well That was what i also thought, but its not. The ABS harness is a part of the dashboard harness.

No bro, no ABS for me. It had to go.

Build Thread

Pics of the progress.

Build Thread

Well That was what i also thought, but its not. The ABS harness is a part of the dashboard harness.

No bro, no ABS for me. It had to go.
    i don't know how many wires are tied into it, but i don't think it's that many. do you have the wiring diagrams for under the dash?

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

i do have the diagrams, but im very anxious to start the car. Im just gonna cap the wires and take care of the more serious electrical problems.

Build Thread

^^ you gonna do a "first start" vid or us? :DDD
    1994 Galant GS - Daily driver
    1994 Galant LS - Parts car

Garage: http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garag...iew-20241.html

Sure bud.

More progress

Build Thread

Exhaust looks a bit low in pics. The true test is the random speed bump that shows up while driving.
    The fuel pump was a hassle for me as well, I purchased a new gasket and used some vaseline, when installing. It must be tight or gas will leak through it which makes the install difficult. I got it installed god though and don't have any leaks back there, also reused gas carbon box from original 7g setup. Got to pay close attention to feed, return and relief filter gas lines.
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Welded the dump tube to the DP, got it painted and wrapped.

She is a pretty and she is a mine.

New bumper...........

Build Thread

That mine?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast