The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MKO's AWD/Turbo/DOHC/5 Speed Project

Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 1043
    damn, its a lil too far for me. Id jump on it right away.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    IDK what is wrong with this car. Now I cant boost much. It goes to 2 psi max. I even bypassed the MBC and ran the line from the j-pipe to wastegate and still the same. My girlfriend filled me up with 87 while I was paying inside the gas station, I hope this is why i cant boost.

I still have the hiccup and it gets no better. Ive tried everything possible. My AFRs are normal, but my spark plugs are white. It acts like a post MAS leak, but Ive checked it all.

Im about to put my stock MAS and just run the SAFC.

Im open to any suggestions
    Well, Its fixed now. I had a a leak from the j-pipe gasket. And since i dont have MBC anymore boost goes to 8 psi and I likes it alot.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    glad you got it fixed man. enjoy the boost haha. im doing mine soon
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

glad to hear its fixed!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Glad to hear you got the bugs out. Now lets see a vid. I might be buying one of the two gs's down here, and swap all the parts onto it and sell by s. If I do end up getting the gs, I'll sell you all the gs swap parts that I have for cheap. It might not be untill jan though when i get taxes. Hope you can wait that long.

1994 Galant S. 90 Percent GS.

Oh I fixed the boost leak, but it still does the hiccup thing. It annoys the crap out of me

Build Thread

What do you mean by "hiccup"? If I where you I would run a coil ignition setup from a spyder 4g64 you keep the dist there for the cas and then wire the coils up, betting you are not getting a strong enough spark from the dist

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Very soon. Im waiting on Kolio to get back to me about a GS harness, and as soon as i get it, it will be done

Build Thread

So, I did a few things today. I was trying to eliminate things one by one on top of what Ive done so far.

Switched back to my OEM fuel filter /brand new/ and filter to rail line, installed different TB and just in case I switched to 510cc. Well, the thrill of 510cc acceleration felt nice, but my hiccup problem still persist, and its driving me crazy.

Things Im doubting that might be the problem:

Aeromotive FPR, distributor and HG.

Build Thread

post a vid if you can of said "hiccup"
    Turbo Mustang of death
    1991 Mustang LX 11.7@130 on street tires spinnin half track on only 10psi ~550rwhp

2000 Civic 17.4@79!!!

Build Thread

so, I put new coolant temp sensor and switched back to my stock fpr, and guess what, its still doing the hiccup. So most likely i have an ignition problem. The distributor is probably going.

Build Thread

its almost like the alternator cycling mine does the same thing when that happens or when the a/c kicks on in the summer

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    so, I put new coolant temp sensor and switched back to my stock fpr, and guess what, its still doing the hiccup. So most likely i have an ignition problem. The distributor is probably going.
    i just listened to your vid a little closer and my old 95 did that before the distributor went. mostly did it when it was cold
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

plug a scanner into it and see what she is reading for timing while idling should be about 11 or 12 degrees and watch it if its hopping around then your dist or CAS is going out.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Does it do it every now and then when your driving or just when it's idling? My s had a hiccup when it was driving and idling. Changed the distrib with one out of the j/y and problem solved.

1994 Galant S. 90 Percent GS.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLine DOHC View Post
    its almost like the alternator cycling mine does the same thing when that happens or when the a/c kicks on in the summer
    Alty is new. That was the first thing that went on me when I bought the car, dizzy was second

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    plug a scanner into it and see what she is reading for timing while idling should be about 11 or 12 degrees and watch it if its hopping around then your dist or CAS is going out.
    Mitch, Im 94 I has no scanner for it. The only thing Ive seen work is Snap on scanner, but I dont have it

Quote Originally Posted by 97dsmturbogalant View Post
    Does it do it every now and then when your driving or just when it's idling? My s had a hiccup when it was driving and idling. Changed the distrib with one out of the j/y and problem solved.

It does it all the time and even more these days. Driving, Idling....you name it.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    And it only does it out of boost? WOT is the only time it doesnt do it?
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    Yea i was driving in the car today. It only does it when he is cruising at like 10% throttle or a idle.. I have never felt any thing like it im really not sure what it is... Im betting the distributer though...

I hope its the dizzy, that is what is left. maybe a clogged cat or dieing battery.

Id have never thought of the dizzy when it started doing it, after all its just 2 years old, but you never know with the parts these days

Build Thread

Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast