The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo to Galant... =)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 45

Evo to Galant... =)

Hey everyone,

My name is David aka Mr. Suaz

I'm originally from the Evolution world. I used to own a Evo IX that I had to sell due to financial restrictions. I'm a moderator over at Tristateevo.com and captain for the 5 Boroughs here NY.

Been w/o a car for a few months and one day a 1994 Galant is brought into my world. The car was practically given to me for free and now I have Title in hand. Car is due to be insured and registered very soon. A few problems w/ the car that need to be attended to. Alot of TLC is needed as well.

So far, I've purchased a replacement Alternator for the car and Battery. Next, I need to replace or realign the rear control arms since they seem to be bent from an accident. Body is pretty much intact. Bumpers have some wear. No rust on the vehicle as of today. Engine could use some cleaning, since the alternator seems to be the cleanest thing under the hood. Interior of the vechicle is fair. Clothe interior like a light blue. Car is a bluish color as well.

ITs a SOHC 94 Galant...No sure what version exactly, but i know it has power everything, sunroof, and foglights ( that don't work )
    Need to double check and put up some more specs on the car. Unless, the pros here can already figure this out for me. There's some electrical issues that need to be attended to, but i'll take care of the slowly but surely. Put some music in the car as well and I should be good.

All in all.. Seems like it's going to end up being a good investment. Nice little beater. I'll put some hard thinking into the car and see if some money is worth investing into it. But I needed a car and I'm glad i'm keeping it in the Mitsubishi family.

I'll post some pics soon enough.

Thanks,

David.
    Mr. Suaz

P.S.

Anyone know where I can pick up a nice suspension package for this car? trying to keep it stockish for the moment. The stock ones are beyond SHOT! lol...

I might go some 17's since I'm in the NYC...
    - David

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    haha another 7g owner welcome to our world

any 2g eclipse suspension will work on our cars as well as ones intended for the 7g and 17s are a good size rim.. i dont have any good pics at stock height but heres what 17s dropped looks like.. full tokico suspension for the 2g FWD

2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

if you take care of the car it will take care of you. the 94-98 galant is a DSM. so that means alot of parts carry over. to be more specific your galant (7th generation) is very similar to the 95-99 eclipse turbo FWD. suspension brakes and lots of other goodies swap over. since you know what your doing with web sites you shouldn't have any problem finding what can be done. if you need help we are more than willing to help.

the car has alot of potential.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

i agree with kolio and since you had an evo i dont think you will keep that car N/A or even FWD long for that matter
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Welcome to TGC.. Nice to see another 7g on board :) I have Ground Control with kybgr2 shocks but different rims now... The prothane bushings with a nice set of struts and springs should put you were you want to be suspension wise....

But it will be difficult to compare to the IX, as I have one and luv its setup..
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Yea and dont for get with a galant the evo would of never really been push to were it i at to day and welcome. Do you have pics of your G.

Welcome to TGC :) Lets hope some pics are coming soon :)

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    if you take care of the car it will take care of you. the 94-98 galant is a DSM. so that means alot of parts carry over. to be more specific your galant (7th generation) is very similar to the 95-99 eclipse turbo FWD. suspension brakes and lots of other goodies swap over. since you know what your doing with web sites you shouldn't have any problem finding what can be done. if you need help we are more than willing to help.

I still want to see this DSM tag you speak of in the 7g. Mine is a 97 and ive still NEVER seen the dsm tag in the engine bay.

welcome to tgc.

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.

Welcome, I think I met you before when I lived in NYC.

When you get your financials straightened out, these cars can be turbo'd and AWD too ;)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Welcome, I actually just registered on TriStateEvo a few weeks ago
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.... =)

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    haha another 7g owner welcome to our world

any 2g eclipse suspension will work on our cars as well as ones intended for the 7g and 17s are a good size rim.. i dont have any good pics at stock height but heres what 17s dropped looks like.. full tokico suspension for the 2g FWD
    Thanks I'll keep that in mind...

This is great information. I had no idea. This just opened a door to alot of possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by phizzalot View Post
    Welcome to TGC.. Nice to see another 7g on board :) I have Ground Control with kybgr2 shocks but different rims now... The prothane bushings with a nice set of struts and springs should put you were you want to be suspension wise....

But it will be difficult to compare to the IX, as I have one and luv its setup..
    Ofcourse, alot of cars are difficult to compare to an Evo. But and Evo is an Evo... lol But I'm in the market for suspension... thinking of going w/ a nice strut/shock w/ springs to lower combo. Coilovers can wait...

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    Welcome, I think I met you before when I lived in NYC.

When you get your financials straightened out, these cars can be turbo'd and AWD too ;)
    Thanks bro.. Financials a bit a straight right now, but, honestly, I was in the EVO game for a long time. Especially Mitsu family. But sometimes, you have to move on... but funny thing I end up w/ another mitsu.. which is pretty cool. Keeping it in the family so to speak. But, i rather have a nice car and just pay insurance for awhile... before I decide to step up my game again in the next year or 2 and start making car payments. u dig.

We Met? Hmm... Can't remember.. Maybe I can put a face to a name.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Welcome, I actually just registered on TriStateEvo a few weeks ago
    Well, thanks for registering over at TSE. What's ur name over there? Do you drive an EVO? or a DSM.... All are welcome. TSE is Family.
    - David

We want pics of the 7G! :D

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH View Post
    We want pics of the 7G! :D
    You know what, it's raining outside.. but I'll still go ahead and take a few shots.

It's still in the same condition when it was given to me... BRB
    - David

Okay, Here's a few shots of the cars current condition. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.. but best i can do w/ my blackberry. lol

Notice it has foglights, but they aren't working at the moment...

Wear and Tear on the Front Bumper...

Rear Driver Side wheel is bent inwards. Seems the previous owner ran the car up a divider here off atlantic ave and somehow bent on him. He declares he kept driving it as is...lol... would need new tires by the end of week if it was so.

Odometer and Gauges... Original Miles.

Rear Seats are in soso shape. Front driver and side are fair. Passenger has a tear on it but oh well... still pretty comfy seats. Car has no Radio, No speakers installed. Seem to have been removed.

SunRoof... =D

Trunk

Engine Bay... 2.4L SOHC 4g64 (runs smooth)

Only new piece in that engine bay would be this alternator I picked up. Seems it was killing every single battery that was put into the car. So I upgraded it and found the problem. Seems the old one had the power cable cracked or split somewhere but I couldn't locate it right away. So I ran my own line directly to the battery for direct power. Worked like a charm.

So,

Next on the to do List:

• Get Rear re-aligned and shit.
    • Tune-up and oil change.
    • Clean and clean again the interior.
    • Car's suspension is shot. Need new Strut/Shocks etc etc.
    • Fix Trunk issue. Seems the bars that run across the trunk lid were broken. Need them replaced so trunk stays open and easier to lift.
    • and so on....
    Last edited by Mr. Suaz; 08-29-2009 at 10:04 AM
    - David

if you need interior or exterior parts hit me up. we got alot of yards down this way, with cheap stuff.

ohh and there is this trunk mat that is kinda hard to come buy, but it has a plastic bin built in for tools!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Its a good start :) Just keep it clean!

if you need interior or exterior parts hit me up. we got alot of yards down this way, with cheap stuff.

ohh and there is this trunk mat that is kinda hard to come buy, but it has a plastic bin built in for tools!

HAHA...

I have that compartment.

- David

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    I still want to see this DSM tag you speak of in the 7g. Mine is a 97 and ive still NEVER seen the dsm tag in the engine bay.
    94, 95 and early 96s have the dsm tags, my late 96 doesnt even have the dsm tags.. kolio psted a pic of stunrs bay with the dsm tag
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

i had that color 95 galant before, and i have never seen that compartment in the trunk of any 7g ive been around lol
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast