The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Couple Questions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    Quote Originally Posted by kaufmanp92eb View Post
    X2!!
    Please try to keep your posts meaningful. Cosigning every post in a thread contributes nothing. Thankyou

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Icon14

from what i know and see a lot of dsm are not N/A that style for the V-tec boys really im go with a 3inc down-pipe and a 1g bov right a 14b turbo maybe run about 5 psi for breaking in the motor and push it up to around 12psi. maybe 450cc injectors or some 560cc 190 fuel pump nutting to crazy for the first year of being turbo you know never go all out to you know all and everything about how a turbo or a hook up car runs to you see it and rise it as a kid LOL. 5 Speed is the way to go and now i think the 5speed swap can be lower cost if you find some good deals.
    Last edited by XXL4G64; 09-09-2009 at 01:14 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    xxl... go with a 255 and FPR only for the fact that it saves a headache.. the 255 is like 20 bucks more ands the FPR is expensive but worth it as it references boost yada yada yada... 5spd isnt as expensive as every1 thinks either even with mostly new parts.. 1500 with a lower mile tranny and an act 2600 clutch w/ street disc, new slave and master and lines used cables and shifter its not that bad but thats the spring project 4 me hahahahaha
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Yeah agreed with tuner. I think I paid like 500 or so for my trans, and then I got an SBR 3500 clutch, ACT flywheel, LSD insert, new master and slave cyl, ss lines, metal shift bushings (tranny and shifter base), Short Shifter, clutch fork, throw out bearing...basically all supporting parts new and I think it was less than 1500. Save time, headaches, and money....do the 5 speed swap FIRST!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

thats really the reason why i didnt keep the turbo on, i didnt wanna blow the auto and have no way out... so im going to go 5 spd and turbo come spring for the peace of mind,, and maybe for a few more extras haha
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    thats really the reason why i didnt keep the turbo on, i didnt wanna blow the auto and have no way out... so im going to go 5 spd and turbo come spring for the peace of mind,, and maybe for a few more extras haha
    sounds good bu what site do the sale fuel pumps at a good price so all the 7gs can know. And i think im sale off my turbo i have but i dont know right now if i should wait or just sale the damm thing.

Quote Originally Posted by XXL4G64 View Post
    sounds good bu what site do the sale fuel pumps at a good price so all the 7gs can know. And i think im sale off my turbo i have but i dont know right now if i should wait or just sale the damm thing.
    ebay, slowboyracing.com, extremepsi.com etc... y sell the turbo keep it and save for the 5 spd swap.. in have 3 14bs and a 16g in the garage and they arent going anywhere even tho i need to save for the rest of my swap
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

id use extreme psi and any other vendor, but dont use slowboy racing - their customer service sucks
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    id use extreme psi and any other vendor, but dont use slowboy racing - their customer service sucks
    ive had good luck with them for little things nothing major you know.. i ordered a couple aluminum flanges from them

extremePSI is by far my favorite as they are nice to talk to and are priced lower than most other sites.. got all my gaskets some couples bolts etc from them to finish up the turbo parts
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12