The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Couple Questions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

Couple Questions

I have couple questions , I used search option of course but some links and threads dont work so ill just ask , it might helpful for future too. First of all , I want to find out , what headers can use for our 7g Galant, would Eclipse Header work or maybe some DC Headers, I just wanna make sure they're emission friendly. Second , can i put Evo fuel injectors in our Galants?? If yes would miles per gallon go critically down or would it make same mileage? I wanna make custom exhaust , and use 2.5" piping , I dont know if i should go bigger or 2.5" is good enough, Also I want to use M-N1 Muffler or M-Spec II Muffler. Another thing i plan is Short Ram Intake. I want to buy some intake off ebay and and then use that piping and put it together with Injen Air Filter. I think those are all mods I plan to do for now If you have other things i might mod please tell , other then that please give me some advices and answer my questions.

Short rams aren't good for anything in these cars except for an aggressive sounds. Get a cold air intake from a 94-99 integra gsr off ebay, that' what i did. It requires to cut a little but other than that it's an easy project.

oh and as for fuel injectors you can use 02 wrx 440cc injectors and headers from a 97-99 Eclipse Spyder should work

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    we can use turbo eclipse injectors which are 450s or use evos which are 510.. both require the resistor pack but 4 dsm injectors are 50-100 and 4 evo are 100-200 and unless you are turbo they are pointless and would require much tuning to even do their job as the ecu will still run the 275 duty cycle so its a waste, 2.5 is a good exhaust size, larger on N/A relieves too much pressure which actually would cause a loss in power and 2.5 is even fine if you go turbo, headers you can use eclipse spyder or a 1G non turbo one, headers has nothing to do with emissions only if you remove sensors and stuff like the cat, but noise may be an issue. our stock headers are fine and there isnt much power to be gained from N/A so do a custom exhaust and a lil short ram as you will finally realize turbo is the only real way to gain power, then save about 3-4 grand and do it
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

So , piping , ill go 2.5" with megan muffler , Headers i guess ill use from Eclipse Spyder..... How's the noise tho??? Not any aftermarket headers like DC or something? CAI or SRI ill see about that , i have 1 more question about injectros , So putting WRX or EVO injectors in our fuel rail is not gonna change anything , they'll work same as stock injectors ?? Do i have to have turbo to get some gain from them or other mod?

Also any other mods you can advice?? I know Turbo or 5 Spd swap but that like 4 grand and its out of range for now

these things take time dont do too much now out of impulse.. and the injectors wont change anything unless it is tuned to run those injectors and your MPG will go to shit. 275s are fine for N/A, my buddies volvo turbo with 20 psi on a 16T well he has a bigger 1 now has 300 cc injectors so your fine.. stock headers are fine leave em as there is nothing to gain really 2.5 piping is fine and if u turbo will work

turbo or 5 spd is the next mod for you.. 5 spd is like 2gs max with good deals and mostly new parts, turbo is pricey depending on your friends, quality of used parts ie turbos, fuel upgrades, etc... and it can cost around 2gs as well.. if you want to do something save for it it takes time.. i researched 4 over a year for the turbo before buying a part and its been almost a year now since then and its still not ready to be a permanent setup and wont be until next spring..

get a good job save up and take care of the car and youll be fine, dont dump money into an N/A setup if you are considering going turbo

WRX injectors wont work on the 7G unless you can get the connectors for them and some are side feed not top feed so stick with DSM/EVO injectors if you go turbo only
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

^ +1....

This is the exact route i'm taking....
    - David

Before I decide to turbo my or something i want to try different things, would those headers fit? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ECLIP...Q5fAccessories

dont waste the money.. unless you build the motor for N/A there is truely no point other than shiny objects making more noise

SAVE UP AND TURBO AND/OR 5 SPEED SWAP IT instead of wasting your money on non turbo accessories if you ever have any intention of turboing
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Yea as chris said don't wast your money if you plan to turbo it. You wiil be greatly disapointed if you do because these motors never make power n/a. Plus you are going to spend the money now and have some parts just laying around that will be of no use if you turbo your car.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

I never said im going to turbo my car......... its a lot of money and im not sure if i want put that much money into that car...... Would those headers work anyway juts out of curiosity?

as Tuner said....dont waist your time. ESPECIALLY since you are automatic. You'll get a lot of noise and no go off the line. The only place you'll see any difference in the headers would be in the 4-6k rpm range....maybe a little lower but not much. Your low end would be severely sacrificed. Couple that with the exhaust and you will have to floor it just to get the car moving. You keep saying a 5 speed swap is too much....if you save the money from all the extraneous bs you are trying to buy you could afford it. Not at all trying to be mean, but the only thing you mentioned that would be worth doing would be the exhaust and CAI. The exhaust alone, you will notice low end power decrease FYI so your ideas of performance are a little skewed. Everyone thinks that adding all this stuff gets you cheap accessable power...not so much on these cars. It takes a little more thought than some other cars. I know from experience that the auto, exhaust (2.5") and a short ram sound nice but are nowhere near the perfomace gain (or perception) of the 5 speed swap

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

i dont think any aftermarket header are emissions friendly since they replace the cat.

the difference between a cold air intake and warm air intake is like 2hp on our cars. you wont feel 2hp.

You wont need bigger injectors. It wont add any hp. You'll also need somethign to tune for the ibgger injectors. but again, it wont add any power for you

auto is my one weakness but im attempting to build an autotragic galant but i have the money for the 5 spd swap on hand cuz i know it wont last too long

leave the car stock and just do an axle back as then you will be emission complaint just dont do an extreme ricer tip and it will give you the sound you are looking for

and as i said and the others agree... just save up and keep the car running, dont buy these pointless accesories just because they seem cool and stuff.. if you save up and keep the car in working order there is a lot of potential in the future
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

stock exhaust 2 1/4'' is more than enough. Just get high flow cat, mid muffler and end muffler welded in and that should give the engine plenty of breathing.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Import Tuner did a dyno test of test pipe vs hollowed out cat vs high flow cat a few months ago on a NA car.

IIRC, the difference between them was about 5 hp from stock cat vs no cat at all so the gains are minimal.

Just save your money and fix whats broken. by modding things that arent broken leads to a less reliable car. hehe

qnz:

that is so true. I could not agree more.
    really, fixing my car takes most of my money.

just done a 5 speed swap i think it is the one of the biggest upgrade that every 7g should do.

As have I and the car is so much more fun to drive with the 5speed. It put more of the power (what little it has LOL) to the ground. And with an exhaust, you can hit the right gear in a tunnel for the best sounds ever! LOL I love it, by far the best mod besides turbo that you could do to the car

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    As have I and the car is so much more fun to drive with the 5speed. It put more of the power (what little it has LOL) to the ground. And with an exhaust, you can hit the right gear in a tunnel for the best sounds ever! LOL I love it, by far the best mod besides turbo that you could do to the car
    X2!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast