The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Somebody help...easy fix

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Somebody help...easy fix

94' 4g64 2.4l sohc....only for this vehicle

My 6 pin connector to my distributor disintegrated. I got another plastic plug piece I can push the pins into and use...only problem is I have no idea what order to place them
    1 white wire
    2 striped red wires
    3 striped black wires

Someone please take a look for me lol

We'll say number 1 will be on left when clip side of the connector is facing up

Somebodies gotta help now lol I just called every mitsu dealer in town and unless I buy a complete engine harness they can't tell me...screwed up.
    The junkyard takes too long to get new vehicles in too. I'm in a bind

Quote Originally Posted by StreetDreams View Post
    All the below information is specific to a 95 SOHC Galant. The information was gathered from Mitchell Repair.

The crankshaft position sensor wire is Brown/Green and the camshaft position wire is Brown/Red.

The Brown/Red wire to the camshaft position sensor runs to pin 68 at the ecu which is labeled as the camshaft position sensor.

The Brown/Green to the crankshaft position sensor runs to pin 69 at the ecu which is labeled as the coolant temperature sensor, but I believe this to be Mitchell's error and that it is the crankshaft position sensor.

There should be a 6 pin connector on the distributor.
    Pin 1 = Black wire; ground; splices with several other wires that go to pin 26 at the ecu.
    Pin 2 = Black/White wire; power; splices with several other wires that go to fuel injectors, solenoids, o2 sensors, etc.
    Pin 3 = Brown/Green wire; crankshaft position sensor to pin 69 at the ecu.
    Pin 4 = Brown/Red wire; camshaft position sensor to pin 68 at the ecu.
    Pin 5 = Black wire; ground; splices with several other wires that go to pin 26 at the ecu.
    Pin 6 = White wire; ignition; power transitor wire to pin 10 at the ecu.

There is a 2 pin connector on the distributor as well. The Black/White wire goes to the MPI relay pin 7 and 8. The Black/Yellow wire goes to the tachometer and a capacitor.

hope it helps
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    hope it helps
    I have a feeling the red wire I saw was really brown and not just oily and I figured was red because I'm so used to red black white....
    Thanks I will post if this works

in one direction my ignition stays hot...in the other it won't turn over. Hope I didn't damage my transistor. maybe black and white/white wire should be swapped

ill take a pic of my distributor later on.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

don't worry about it I just got it to start...thanks a whole bunch.
    Now to get it to drive faster than 10mph................dammit