The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to turbocharge your 4g64 8g

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 42
    how about oil feed and return? since im from the hondafield and turbo'd a few of tem i was thinking of getting the feed from the oil pressure sensor with a T fitting and put a fitting on the oil pan for the return above the oil level. any other way?

Best way is an oil filter adapter. that way you can run oil temp, pressure, and the oil feed line. its a sandwich adapter that goes between the filter and the actualy filter housing it self

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    Best way is an oil filter adapter. that way you can run oil temp, pressure, and the oil feed line. its a sandwich adapter that goes between the filter and the actualy filter housing it self
    like the golden eagle plate. i got you

try to use an Evo 8 oil filter because they are short and round instead of tall and skinny like our stock filter. that way it wont stick down past the oil pan and risk getting hit on something if your dropped real low. for example

stock on right evo on left
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    try to use an Evo 8 oil filter because they are short and round instead of tall and skinny like our stock filter. that way it wont stick down past the oil pan and risk getting hit on something if your dropped real low. for example

stock on right evo on left
    looks good thanx

Question.. Is there a fitment issue with a Evo 8 Turbo on a 8g still being automatic? I was told that I might possibly need to get extended manifold studs and a spacer, someone else suggested I buy a evo starter.. Which is the solution?
    Evo 8 Head, BC 288/288 BC Springs & Retainers, Weisco Pistons and Eagle Rods 2.4 (Comperssion 9.5:1) ARP Headstuds and Mainstuds, Cosmetic Headgasket, New Clevite Bearings all around, Evo 8 Oil Pump, English Racing water pump, Gates Racing Timing belt, Findanza Adjustable cams, 2 255 walboro pumps, RC 1000s, AEM Rail, and 5 Speed swapped, powered by a 6262 T3 w/ .82 A/R.. WILL MY TRANNY HOLD THIS? Lets wait and see :)

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

The problem is evo manifolds put the turbo where our starter is, so best solution is to modify an evo aftermarket manifold so the turbo sits higher, or use 1 or 2 half inch spacers.

Did you read the post above? The answer is up there:
    This manifold and turbo selection will run into the starter so you must use at least one manifold spacer milled at a slant to position the turbo upward away from the starter. Some people have used two spacers and some have used one milled spacer. This requires replacing your studs with longer studs to be long enough to fit the spacers.
    Go to club3g.com theres more info there, this is from a post on C3G
    Using the Evo VIII Manifold, one will need a "shim" piece (basically an angle-shaved manifold spacer) between the block and the manifold, as to angle the manifold up a bit, to keep the stock fans as well as leave room for the AC lines.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 11-06-2011 at 11:08 PM

4g64T 5spd

Im actually going to try this flange adapter that i just bought on ebay a few mins ago, it allows me to use a Dsm manifold and will allow me to bolt up a Evo turbo.. Im gonna try to use it and see..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DSM-EVO-8-tu...5#ht_500wt_969
    Evo 8 Head, BC 288/288 BC Springs & Retainers, Weisco Pistons and Eagle Rods 2.4 (Comperssion 9.5:1) ARP Headstuds and Mainstuds, Cosmetic Headgasket, New Clevite Bearings all around, Evo 8 Oil Pump, English Racing water pump, Gates Racing Timing belt, Findanza Adjustable cams, 2 255 walboro pumps, RC 1000s, AEM Rail, and 5 Speed swapped, powered by a 6262 T3 w/ .82 A/R.. WILL MY TRANNY HOLD THIS? Lets wait and see :)

I would've gotten a evo manifold modified, with adapters or spacers its just more gaskets to buy, and more problems, less efficiency, Good luck
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 11-11-2011 at 08:54 PM

4g64T 5spd

there would be no benefits from using a evo turbo and dsm manifold. The reason why the stock evo turbo is good is because they are twin scroll. By using a dsm manifold, you wont get all the benefits from using that turbo

Do the evo8 ecu's plug in?

Quote Originally Posted by imback View Post
    Do the evo8 ecu's plug in?
    No, you need to swap to evo 8/Manual 3g eclipse connectors or a conversion harness from Boomslang for around $350, I think ^^ underated was making some too

4g64T 5spd

I figured a jumper harness was needed. Was just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by imback View Post
    I figured a jumper harness was needed. Was just curious.
    I just bought the boomslang harness (3g eclipse auto to evo8 manual). Ill post the results of it here.

Also does anyone know where i can get the sandwich adapter for the oil filter.

Oil filter adapters:
    http://prosportgauges.com/oil-filter...?variation=455
    http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Oil-F...-Adapters.aspx

Buy the mitsubishi specific or M20 x 1.5, and remember to change your oil filter for a evo 8/9 one since those are shorter and there's less risk of it getting hit or damaged from something on the road.

4g64T 5spd

ive got the one in that picture that i posted above if you want it. has ports for an oil cooler also
    Last edited by underated; 09-29-2012 at 05:24 PM
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

A 1g oil filter is shorter or about the same length as a evo one but it's wider so you can hold a little more oil.

I've been using the regular height k&n and Mobil1 filters with my sandwich plate. My car is pretty low for NYC and I've never had it hit the oil filter.

Is that you Edgar?

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    ive got the one in that picture that i posted above if you want it. has ports for an oil cooler also
    What brand is that and how much do you want for it
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

Quote Originally Posted by master_visionary View Post
    What brand is that and how much do you want for it
    pm'd

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast