The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lights appeared for no reason?

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Lights appeared for no reason?

While I was driving today three lights went on at the same time.. the abs, the battery, and the brake light. The hand brake was not pulled. Battery seems to be ok as everything still works. So would this be an electrical problem? should i reconnect the battery? blown a fuse?

check all fuses. try cleaning off your batter terminals. disconnect and reconnect.

could also be early signs of Battery and Alternator failing....
    - David

Sounds to me that ur alternator or driving belt dosnt work. Same thing happend to me. The system isnt gettin enough power. I had to turn of all electricity in the car so the most important things worked so i could get the G home.

I'd say fuses. If nothing else felt weird and it was just the lights...its a fuse

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Ok, I drove to work today. The light were still on, didn't have time to check the fuse yet or reconnect the battery. After I parked the car, I tried restarting the car... it won't turn on. It makes those usual "grind" sound when you start the car with a low battery. I bought the battery about 3 years ago, it's an Autolite 84. Is this a sign of dead battery or more of the alternator problem? I'm probably heading out to Costco later to buy their battery to check to see if its the batteries problem.

like the other guys said, it's gonna be your alternator. Had the same thing happen to me before too. I took it off and took it to auto zone to test it and the first 2 times they ran it it passed, but the third time it failed.

the car started again. just drove to lunch. but the lights are still on. will be getting them checked soon

like others stated, check your battery and alternator asap

Alternator to be sure.

Alternator. Same thing happened to me not too long ago. Drove for about a good 20 miles
    before i made it home

Like i said. The alternator or the drivebelt has to be swapped or fixed. U should check how much power the alternator is givin. It should be about 13-14 volts

Dang this is an old thread... I wonder if this is still happening to others... It just happened to today, e-brake lever is down, brake light is on, battery light is on, then I heard a loud sound under my car. It was raining today and hit a puddle, I might have just ran over a rock... coincidence? Could it also be my alternator? It's raining so they won't check it at AutoZone today... Any thoughts?

happened to me last week (and I have an 8g), also my headlights went out (but the fogs didn't), brake, ABS and battery lights all came on, and my car was just idling after being started from sitting for 6 hours

also I'm getting a code for the MAP sensor, although this random code (I have gotten random codes for the cat, idle and I had a misfire that lasted 2 minutes, all since I did the front head gasket) would be exclusive to the 8g

Icon9 Brake and battery warning lights came on

Quote Originally Posted by foxbrand View Post
    happened to me last week (and I have an 8g), also my headlights went out (but the fogs didn't), brake, ABS and battery lights all came on, and my car was just idling after being started from sitting for 6 hours

also I'm getting a code for the MAP sensor, although this random code (I have gotten random codes for the cat, idle and I had a misfire that lasted 2 minutes, all since I did the front head gasket) would be exclusive to the 8g

Happened to me too (8g also), brake and battery lights came on, and my car was just idling after being started from sitting for many weeks. I had to recharge the battery. After that, I checked the alternator output, and it's higher than 14 Volts !

For info, I've checked the brake oil level and the emergency parking brake switch and there OK !

Could it be the charger that blowed up the regulator in the alternator ?

And why the brake warning light came on ? Besides the oil level and emergency parking brake switch what can it be ?

Thank's
    Sly
    I don't pop it open for strangers...my hood of course ;)

Re: Lights appeared for no reason?

The lights is comin on because the different stuff dosnt get enough electricity. Happend to me on a vacation when the alternator belt lost traction and stopped working.
    Also everytime I used the turn signal the rpm needle jumped up and down :-P