The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Macco Paint Job

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Macco Paint Job

Im reading around and most of the people say 400$ paint job is so , so at macco. Its not perfect but its not the worst one either. My friend got his Hyundai Sonata painted at macco 2 years ago. Used to be purple , its silver since 2 years and its afterall looks pretty good and it didn't chip for those 2 years. I live in Chicago so we all summer , winter and still the paint looks good. I wonder if car is prepared to paint , lets say you do it by your self. You sand it then spray it with primer and go to them to paint some color for 400$. Would it last??? You guys have any experience?

eatsleepjdm's 7G was painted at Maaco and it still looks awesome.

I'd considering prepping the car yourself and masking everything yourself though, they are notorious for overspray. EVERYWHERE! They got black overspray on Kevin's (eatsleepjdm) JDM headlights. I would be pissed if they did that to mine.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

thats what i thoguth , mask by my self , sand and prime and give it to them to paint , ill show some photoshop pix that i want to do.

Thats what i would want to switch to from Silver. Its Atomic Orange Pearl

I Dont really dig it. I think that maaco charges more for a pearl color.

Quote Originally Posted by kondypl View Post

Thats what i would want to switch to from Silver. Its Atomic Orange Pearl
    no.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    perhaps with different fogs....

i wouldnt trust maaco to do a pearl job
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

It all depends on the maaco. There are 6 in my area. One that I would trust. Oh and color changing will be extra unless you dont want your door jams and underneath your hood to match

Matt (Peanotation) had his painted at Macco too...the smurf looks good! It is shiny and was well done. However in Jersey, I had a friend that had his truck painted and it came out only...OK. I think they are hit or miss

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

I got my car done at maaco, with a color change and a metallic paint. Because I had the kalapana cancer, they stripped from the roof to the door handles. In doing so, they scratched up one of my door trims and tore one of the rubber mouldings on the car. When I picked it up, I pointed these out to the manager along with a couple of spots of overspray. He ordered and replaced all the parts and even had my drivers window replaced and retinted where they scratched it with the stripper for no charge and with no hassle. The paint still looks great and the only chips are where I'd expect, on the grill and the front bumper. I have no complaints with maaco at all.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    Matt (Peanotation) had his painted at Macco too...the smurf looks good! It is shiny and was well done. However in Jersey, I had a friend that had his truck painted and it came out only...OK. I think they are hit or miss
    yea they definitely are. they are all privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55 View Post
    I got my car done at maaco, with a color change and a metallic paint. Because I had the kalapana cancer, they stripped from the roof to the door handles. In doing so, they scratched up one of my door trims and tore one of the rubber mouldings on the car. When I picked it up, I pointed these out to the manager along with a couple of spots of overspray. He ordered and replaced all the parts and even had my drivers window replaced and retinted where they scratched it with the stripper for no charge and with no hassle. The paint still looks great and the only chips are where I'd expect, on the grill and the front bumper. I have no complaints with maaco at all.
    how much if you dont mind me asking?

I had my first replacement bumper painted by maaco. I think Krylon would have held up better. Never again.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

My 07 Subaru legacy was painted by them, and leas then a year the paint is chiping off. I can't even used my power washer or it will peel off. thank god those idiots o my had to paint the bumper and nothing else
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by 00galantguy View Post
    how much if you dont mind me asking?
    No, I don't mind. I got the "supreme" level paint which is single stage polyurethane with sealer. The whole job, stripped from roof to door handles, primed and painted over all was 950. But you're right, each shop being independently owned means the quality and customer service is only as good as the owner/manager demands. Sure, I was pissed when I found the mistakes, but as long as the owner stood by his customer and fixed everything to my satisfaction at no charge, how could I complain about that.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

i paid 1800$ for mine , 5 years warranty, and after 4 years still looking good.

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.