The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Front bumper question?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

Front bumper question?

I have been thinking about this for some time now. I was wondering if anyone has taken the bottom of an 02-03 bumper and molded to fit so that it made the hole larger. Kind of like this. PS> My paintshop skills suck. If you can make it look better, feel free. LOL

This is just a stock photo i found.

To this

Has anyone done this? I think it is original, but not too sure. And if someone has, can you post a pick of the final bumper?
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    its....interesting, i have really never seen anyone mess around with the 02-03 bumper

blue8g
    never thought about it........i hate the 03 bumper tho i plan on getting rid of it as soon as i get something else to put on there

This is just a quick one for the 99-01 guys. And i am sorry if it is your car that i am using. Just found these picks on google. If you want me to remove them, just ask.

From this-

To this-

I am really interested in the first one that i did, since it is an 02 that i have. What do you guys think? I think a lip might set it off even better. Let me see what i can come up with.

Edit: Cant seem to find any lips that look good with it. If anyone thinks they can, feel free to play with it.
    Last edited by 2002BlackDragon; 09-07-2009 at 02:20 PM

VRG lip is the best it gets with 02-03 front end. Look at Ivory8g's car. It is amazing.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

try it. with the 02 bumper.

I tried, but im not good enough with paintshop to do it. You couldnt even tell what it was. LOL I guess i was lucky with these pics.

I would like to see a VRG lip or Greddy's mystery lip (which i think is the Ralliart lip for the Lancer) added to the pic of the white car. Anyone able to do this?

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    just look at ivory8g's car. its the dover white pearl just like in the picture

PS: I love the 02-03 bottom of the bumper, but hate the top. What I want to see is a 99-01 top portion molded onto a 02-03 bottom portion. I believe G_Spot did a hybrid like this, but I have yet to see any pictures of it

and what would you plan on using to extend the bumper? Fiberglass doesn't like to stick to plastics I don't think
    Last edited by beam514; 09-07-2009 at 04:15 PM

i dont feel with that...
    seems like hondas body kits...!!
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    j I believe G_Spot did a hybrid like this, but I have yet to see any pictures of it
    Oh yeah, that project. I threw it away into a dumpster years ago Wished I kept it though....

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Oh yeah, that project. I threw it away into a dumpster years ago Wished I kept it though....
    how did the curves of the two bumpers line up? I feel like that might be a project for me in the far future haha. Need to repaint the front bumper anyway since it came a different color than the rest of the car from the factory

Are the tops of the bumper so different? other than the piece that goes between the headlights, it looks like the deminsions should be the same. I could be wrong, though.

blue8g
    if someone will donate the top i will try it

[QUOTE=2002BlackDragon;534425]

QUOTE]

looks good men ! you can do it, well, pay to do it,!!
    looks racing

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

6G72T extended the front bumper on his 99-01.

combining the two is easier than it seems. you probably wouldnt need the top half of the 99-01 just figure out a way to remove the triangle in the 02-03's and smooth and straighten it out.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Yeah, thats what i was thinking. How would i combine the two? Bondo?

Wow you guys, you're making this way too difficult, go on evom, look at the beak/nose removal mods for the lancer evo 8 front bumper, it'll be the same concept for the 02-03 front bumper, you'll have to cut the triangle and fold it down and plasticweld it, then use bondo to make it smooth, and then voila, you can pop a 99-01 grill in there or a JDM grill if you have JDM heads, obviously unless you're not skilled in bodywork don't do this, but if you have faith in your skills try it, no need to combine bumpers........
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

I was talking about the extension of the 02-03 bumper.

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Wow you guys, you're making this way too difficult, go on evom, look at the beak/nose removal mods for the lancer evo 8 front bumper, it'll be the same concept for the 02-03 front bumper, you'll have to cut the triangle and fold it down and plasticweld it, then use bondo to make it smooth, and then voila, you can pop a 99-01 grill in there or a JDM grill if you have JDM heads, obviously unless you're not skilled in bodywork don't do this, but if you have faith in your skills try it, no need to combine bumpers........
    i'm extremely intrigued now haha, would i have to paint part of the bumper if i did this or would all the bondo'd stuff be under the new grill?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast