The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Front bumper question?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    you'd have to paint the top part of the bumper, since the beak/nose on the 02/03 bumper extends further forward than the 99-01 grill will cover, hell, if someone has an 02-03 bumper lying around that they don't need, ship it to me and I'll do it for you, all you'd need to do is have it painted after.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

blue8g
    i still can't find the link/ a thread about it

I'm not sure if there's a tutorial with pictures of how to do it, but in the show and shine section on evo m, there are several threads with guys showing off their debeaked bumpers, and when people asked how it was done, they explained it, again, any reputable body shop will be able to do this fairly easily.

blue8g
    thanks, i'll take it down for an estimate sometime next spring

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Greddy, I actually like how the top of the 99-01 has an indent that flows with the grill :) but you're right, I don't know why I didn't think of just deleting the nose thingy lol

Okay guys, the debeaking is great. I am wanting to know about the extension of the bumper. Would i use bondo on that too?
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    Okay guys, the debeaking is great. I am wanting to know about the extension of the bumper. Would i use bondo on that too?
    well. what would you actually be using for the extra surface area needed? another bumper? fg? bondo around this around of the bumper is bound to crack from flexing and holding together the FG and PU could be troublesome

I would get another bumper, and then use plastic weld to join them together, and then bondo or fg to smooth it out.

I might have to see if i can get this going.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12