The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Weather Stpipping

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    You are here entirely tooo much!!

Weather Stpipping

so my weatherstrip fell off just above the windshield on the freeway. i got a replacement from Stealership but I'm not sure to either put it on myself or have a professional do it. might be a dumb question but i need to save as much cash as i can.

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

heres what im talking about btw

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I can't really tell how its put on, but it looks like it just slides onto the windshield glass. However it also looks as if the windshield needs to be off first. What's your email? I will send you the service manual for this

pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    I can't really tell how its put on, but it looks like it just slides onto the windshield glass. However it also looks as if the windshield needs to be off first. What's your email? I will send you the service manual for this
    Nope, and nope. ;)

The windsheild does not need to come off, and the trim is held in place by butterfly clips (at least thats what I call them).

When I had to redo mine, I removed the old trim and cut out a good portion of the window sealer (glue). Then install the new clips and lay down a new line of sealer and lay the trim in.

NOTE: There are two pieces to the clips. One piece attaches to the trim, and one fits itself onto the car. When you buy the trim from the dealer, it only comes with the clips that attach to the trim! So don't break any of the clips that attach to the car.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

dang that doesn't make much sense to me haha. I guess I have to see it in person to see how it works. Anyway, I'm emailing the service manual to you right now Emerson

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Nope, and nope. ;)

The windsheild does not need to come off, and the trim is held in place by butterfly clips (at least thats what I call them).

When I had to redo mine, I removed the old trim and cut out a good portion of the window sealer (glue). Then install the new clips and lay down a new line of sealer and lay the trim in.

NOTE: There are two pieces to the clips. One piece attaches to the trim, and one fits itself onto the car. When you buy the trim from the dealer, it only comes with the clips that attach to the trim! So don't break any of the clips that attach to the car.
    Polish, you realize he's talking about the one that goes on the top od the windshield, not the ones that run down the sides? On both 8g's that I owned/drove (99's) and my 8g (2002) parts car, none of them had clips for the upper weather strip, the one that runs across the top, not down the sides. On mine, it slid onto the top edge of the glass and then was glued down using windshield urethane sealant.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Polish, you realize he's talking about the one that goes on the top od the windshield, not the ones that run down the sides? On both 8g's that I owned/drove (99's) and my 8g (2002) parts car, none of them had clips for the upper weather strip, the one that runs across the top, not down the sides. On mine, it slid onto the top edge of the glass and then was glued down using windshield urethane sealant.
    Aww dammit. You're right. LOL!

Oh well, anyone searching weather stripping threads in the future has their answer.

OP - Listen to Stewi on this one. :)

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Aww dammit. You're right. LOL!

Oh well, anyone searching weather stripping threads in the future has their answer.

OP - Listen to Stewi on this one. :)
    jeez no wonder I was wondering what the hell you were talking about hahaha
    you know Emerson maybe if we had a damn meet tonight we could have helped you out with it but nooooo you had to go to work and be a baby... haha jk bro