The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g infinity system

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

8g infinity system

okay guys.. my car is almost there looking nice and all jus a lil more mods needs to be done..

im thinking bout upgrading my car stereo system. I currently have stock infinity system 210watts if i am not wrong. And im buying Infinity Kappa perfect 6.1 components for front and Infinity Kappa 693.9l for rear, im not sure on the amp yet maybe kappa four.

so my question is when i install the speakers and headunit. do i just plug in the wires like they were plugged in before and same goes with amp?.. cuz all infinity speakers are 2 ohm. im sure factory headset wasnt giving any power since its an amp hook up and wiring is all the same?.. soo correct me if im wrong..

Just take out all the old speakers, hu and amp and replace it with the new ones? that is all i have to do right?

oh i forgot ill be buying this http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...id/0/SFV/30046
    from factory to hd radio.. i need adaptar.
    Last edited by karn; 09-09-2009 at 03:59 AM
    I love bikes n babes!

if you are going to use a new amp to power the speakers, ditch the mitah adapter and just run wires straight from the new HU to the new AMP.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    pick up the metra 70-7003 (just don't use the amp adaptor), then just run speaker wire from the amp to your speakers (and use 12-16ga speaker wire not the thin shit)

ok you both are saying two different things.. im out of time so ill look up metra later cuz i have no idea what that is.

soo basically i have to run 16gauage wires from amp to speakers? and hu to amp?

isnt the stock 8g infinity wires solid enough? i mean the sound quality is high class so wiring should be too..
    i dont wanna tear up my entire car to install system :S
    I love bikes n babes!

if you are changing head units its best to rewire everything since you probably will bypass the stock infinity amp. i wired it from my head unit to where the amp used to be and just wired in there but i was in a hurry and didnt wanna tear my car apart

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    ok how do you take out the Center Infiniti speaker because mine has been blown for a good amount of time now and is it a 3 inch ?

you have to remove the whole dash.. i just puntured it with a pen.. ill remove the wires when im rewiring everything..

ok guys kappa perfect 6.1 front
    kappa 693.9l for rear
    kappa four amp

what you guys think of this system.. also need a good hd or w.e. head unit..
    I love bikes n babes!

^blah !

you really dont need the middle speaker.. before it was functioning good it barely gave any sound.. neither is it high quality nor cheap.. its jus extra sound that complements good system. but meh without it i can barely feel the diff..
    I love bikes n babes!

you don't need to remove the dash to remove the center speaker. the speaker is top mounted and i believe the speaker grille just pops off.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Correct. The cover pops right off, and then the speaker pops out of the mounting plate. I had to use a flat blade screw driver to pop out the speaker, but no damage done. There is a plug about 3" down the wire, but I just cut the wires at the speaker. It is a 1 7/8" or 2", but I haven't found a replacement other than the stock Mitsubishi one. I took everyone's advice and just left it disconnected. System sounds better with out it.

i never replaced my center either only thing i did was add a sub and amp and better tweeters sounds mint...

The center speaker provides better sound staging. Keep it, with a quality system it is WELL WORTH IT.

So I dont need to take the dash off to replace it ? also I am going to need new door speakers soon since the drivers side one is either warped or torn.

Quote Originally Posted by karn View Post
    okay guys.. my car is almost there looking nice and all jus a lil more mods needs to be done..

im thinking bout upgrading my car stereo system. I currently have stock infinity system 210watts if i am not wrong. And im buying Infinity Kappa perfect 6.1 components for front and Infinity Kappa 693.9l for rear, im not sure on the amp yet maybe kappa four.

so my question is when i install the speakers and headunit. do i just plug in the wires like they were plugged in before and same goes with amp?.. cuz all infinity speakers are 2 ohm. im sure factory headset wasnt giving any power since its an amp hook up and wiring is all the same?.. soo correct me if im wrong..

Just take out all the old speakers, hu and amp and replace it with the new ones? that is all i have to do right?

oh i forgot ill be buying this http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...id/0/SFV/30046
    from factory to hd radio.. i need adaptar.
    The new speakers are components with a crossover and your old ones are crossed over passively. You have to run the speaker outputs from your aftermarket amplifier to the inputs on your kappa component set. then tweeter output to the tweeter and woofer output to the door speaker.
    you can use the factory wiring but it wouldn't hurt to run your own.
    16 gauge would be fine.
    you should definitely use an aftermarket radio and run RCA cables to the aftermarket amplifier from the radio.
    what your doing is in NO WAY PLUG AND PLAY... this kind of job takes me almost a full day to do properly and I have been doing it for 23 years.
    There is soldering, wire running, door panel and other interior panel removal involved. prying, poking,drilling, modifying. if your not prepared for this you should get yourself some help.