The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ripp Supercharger!

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Ripp Supercharger!

Hey everyone!

I have a 99' galant. Eventually i want to supercharge it when i have the money. I was looking at the RIPP supercharger set up. It almost looks universal. On the website these are the applications availible on their website. :
    Mitsubishi Galant 1998-2003 3.0/v6
    Mitsubishi Galant 2004-2009 2.4/4cyl

what i dont understand is that in this picture is a 2001 2.4/ 4cyl galant with a ripp supercharger set up on it but its not availible on the website www.rippmods.com But this system looks almost universal as long as the pully lines up, you could weld the brackets to the headers. so what application would i order my car?? does it matter?

Check out the picture for a better understanding http://i28.tinypic.com/16qntc.jpg
    Last edited by Galant Evolution; 09-09-2009 at 01:25 PM

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    ^ignore that.. you dont want ripp... just go for a decent turbo setup

Quote Originally Posted by 02galant View Post
    Lol.....
    Don't post this kinda crap if you're not going to help out the OP.

RIPP doesn't make the kits anymore.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...highlight=ripp

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

oh ok thank you! Are there any decent turbo kits out there for the 99' 2.4?

All the kits i know of still have pieces missing and need to be upgraded. There are plenty of people on here that will tell you that you can built a turbo setup for the price that you can buy one. Do some searching. Its all out there.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

ok thanks guys

How much are you looking to spend? I might have a full turbo setup for you which is why I'm asking.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Here was my setup from back in the day. It was was not a very reliable system but I was the 2nd V6 Galant to have this setup and the tuning back then (preblack/grey box) was shitty at best.

Love,
    Matt

you can source out a stock EVO turbo set-up for less than 3k if you shop around...
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yea 4 cyl guys can piece together a very nice system for relatively inexpensive...search through the site and if your serious you should start asking questions more specific to what your unsure about. there are a lot of people to help you out

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    you can deff do really well with a turbo system and for alot cheaper, whats your price range??????

well im not doing any engine mods until after i do up my body work. But my price range is prob going to be anything under 2000 if i can get away with it

you can try running a 2G DSM set-up. that'll cost you less than 2000 but you probably will make less than 200whp.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

There is nothing wrong with ripp, Its all about the engine management. BTW they still make the V6 kits.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Thank you guys for all the information, very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    you can try running a 2G DSM set-up. that'll cost you less than 2000 but you probably will make less than 200whp.
    mmmmmm and what about if this set up, I want to go with more whp...?
    do we need to change whole thing or just the manif, turbo,???
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?