The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: custom cai for 95 galants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 39
    signet

custom cai for 95 galants

I have made a custom cai for my 95 galant and it works and looks awesome it is made out of 3" stainless steel piping if I can get about 6 or more interested in purchasing this then I will put them together and then let everyone know on price .

MitsuMan
    How much money are we talking, I can make my own for about 3$, most of the vets on this board will agree, unless its a polished (chrome) pipe, then i might be interested in spending more, but I am happy with mine

signet
    it is polished and I will have pics of mine soon the piping goes from the throttle body down and the air filter sits with the mass sensor down by the front bumper where fog lights would be for more air flow .

MitsuMan
    so u relocated the MAS sensor? Also how many bends does it have? the more the bends the more restrictive it is and the farther air has to travel...the optimal location for a CAI as many of us know for the galant is straight down the engine bay, I understand your point converning forced induction, but this has been covered before, the location of the filter is good but its just too far from the engine, also relocating the MAS sensor isnt a great idea, it can be damaged easier and cost alot to fix

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(signet)</div><div class='quotemain'>it is polished and I will have pics of mine soon the piping goes from Â*the throttle body down and the air filter sits with the mass sensor down by the front bumper where fog lights would be for more air flow .</div>

the MAS is down by the front bumper? thats a big no no. Its suseptable from damage from like water and more dirt, especially from those who are dropped. so im also guessing that this is a once piece pipe, right? i mean it would be nice for people to have a short ram option or something and to have the MAS located in its stock location...more details plz

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

signet
    It has a bend at the throttle body towards the front of the car then bends down towards the ground then the mass sensor then the filter which is bolted up on the inside of the front bumper it does not hang down it is out of the way of any type of rubbing or bottoming and it made my car run so much better . Before this I had the adapter plate with just a k&n filter I still have that but just relocated that . any other questions?

signet
    It is a two piece pipe an it can be made so that the mass is still in the stock location with some minor modification to the piping it was just easier to mount it in the front bumper plus now if you want that big 3" stainless steel pipe being the only thing showing when you pop the hood it looks good.

CAI

Is this mandrel bent or is it creased?

I also have the k&n intake and adapter, but I don't have any way to put a piece from the TB to the MAS because I have no adapters. PM me with the way you could make one for my car with the MAS in the stock location and 2 chrome pieces please and hoefully we can work something out. Later, Jesse

MitsuMan
    Jes, u get a mas Adapter with your filter, u can always buy a 2$ exhaust pipe thats bendable or just do the civic intake mod, (civic pipe, etc)

BTW, hows those seats look

dean

signet
    The pipe is not creased I will have a pic of it for you guys to look at soon

signet
    Here is the pics of my galant w/ the cai.
    http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/w87pinet/lst?.d...+galant&.view=t

Error message

The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible.

MitsuMan
    The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible

MitsuMan
    Jes its scary how we think alike

signet
    is there some thing that needs to be said or is there something wrong that maybe you can help with suggestions and input is welcome

MitsuMan
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse)</div><div class='quotemain'>Error message

The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible.</div>

we cannot access your webpage because u hvant made it public, the link only works for u because u have cookies turned on or are still logged in, what is your username:Password so we can take a look....or just make a public album on imagestation.com

signet
    ok I made a album on imagestation but how do i make it public or is it all ready public and the how do you know which one to look for ?

MitsuMan
    im trying to remember,....but i think when u create an album, it says make public in one of the prefrences or settings.....try that

signet
    ok I think i figured it out i put it under hobbies and interest with auto/cars its 95 galant album

MitsuMan
    GREAT WHATS THE LINK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast