The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hit a deer. Wiring damaged? No spark. Help

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Hit a deer. Wiring damaged? No spark. Help

Bought a car.... he had hit a deer and it is now no longer getting spark. Dealer said that he damaged the left fender and needs a new wiring harness. What should I look for? Which fuses and such should I check? Could it possibly be the alarm system immobilizing it? It's the 2.4 Mivec. 2004 Galant ES. Please help!!!

i'd look for damage to the wiring harness around the left fender...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Could be a lot of things, any pictures of the car?

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    i'd look for damage to the wiring harness around the left fender...
    lol, well obviously, but im just trying to also see if anyone knows what fuses to check and such.

no pictures yet. I have to bring it home yet. I got it for cheap so hopefully it wont be a real big pita

Quote Originally Posted by 00galantguy View Post
    lol, well obviously, but im just trying to also see if anyone knows what fuses to check and such.
    Well you should check the wiring AT THE spark plugs first. Ensure that it is even getting power to them first. Does it crank, but just not turn over?

yes cranks but doesn't turn over.

Pull a spark plug and then crank the car, see if it fires. I would suggest this on each plug. Then do the same thing at the other end of the spark plug wire/coil pack to ensure the end that spark may be failing. Check for any possible blown fuses of course, loose wires, cut or damaged wires from the fuse box under the hood.

And congrats with a new G ride

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH View Post
    And congrats with a new G ride
    Haha thanks man. Funny thing is its another dover white pearl one.

And alright will comb over it tomorrow. We just got her home and theres a large lack of lighting

OMG another one?? you're never going to finish your 8G. lol.

Your driveway MUST be getting full.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Lofty
    No, his STREET is getting full. Lmaooooo.

It's a nice car. I like it.

But here's something I was told. If it was hit and it has anti theft, and the anti theft system wasnt repaired.. wouldnt that keep the car in lock down mode?

Another thing. What about the auto fuel pump shut off when you hit things? My dad told me about this in other cars that if you hit something it turns the fuel pump off until you restart it.

ENG fuse is the one that will shut ignition off. ill come look at it tomorrow after i get done with work.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

A dealer that had previously seen the car told me that the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) was replaced and that the VIN is burned into the PCM so without the right one it wont start. But then He said If we wanted we could buy an engine wiring harness and rewire the whole thing it would work.
    Last edited by 00galantguy; 09-10-2009 at 12:32 PM

electrical sucks.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Did more digging and found a useful site. Mitsubishitechinfo.com . The PCM is reflashable. I called a different dealer to confirm and he told me they could do that. Figures the first dealer wouldn't tell me that.....

Quote Originally Posted by 00galantguy View Post
    Did more digging and found a useful site. Mitsubishitechinfo.com . The PCM is reflashable. I called a different dealer to confirm and he told me they could do that. Figures the first dealer wouldn't tell me that.....
    Yup. I could have told you it was flashable. Its just a computer with a program on it, hell you could probably load windows on it and play some old games if you wanted too.

well we went thru the wires from the pcm to the dash and found a couple wires melted together. Seperated them and so now were gonna get the pcm to the dealer and have her flashed. Hope for the best guys.