The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g92 head swap?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seth
    haha well the coil pack is for the eclipse head swap

im not sure about the airflow either, but i just got my 1g intake mani today, time to start looking for some injectors, a tb, and a 1g head...
    Distributr cap won't bolt up to the 1g or 2g cam sensor, if you find one that does let me know.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

When doin just a head swap (lets say putting a 4G63 on a 4G64) would this also call for a total ECU change?
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightES
    When doin just a head swap (lets say putting a 4G63 on a 4G64) would this also call for a total ECU change?
    That is EXACTLY what I am doing. Stage 1 for me is headswap, turbo probly next year. And if my company does not get the DIS converter to work then yes you must swap ecus You cant use a distributer with a dohc. 1g or 2g unless you wanna try to fabricate something wich could lead to you being stranded on the highway lol worth a shot
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Quote Originally Posted by JiP
    That is EXACTLY what I am doing. Stage 1 for me is headswap, turbo probly next year. And if my company does not get the DIS converter to work then yes you must swap ecus You cant use a distributer with a dohc. 1g or 2g unless you wanna try to fabricate something wich could lead to you being stranded on the highway lol worth a shot
    Now that I know that. To me doing just a head swap aint worth it. I could get a 4g63 turbo replace pistons, cams, valuve spring, and so on then drop it in there. It will be a fully rebuilt moter exactly how I want it and I could clean it up. Cauce the one I got right now seems to be rusted at the bottom. But hey you wanna do it go head. Everyone has a different view.

Experienced TGC Member
    Eitherway your swapping ecu's so whats the difference. Build the 4g64 motor up the way you were gona do the 63. Theoretically youd get much more power out of the 64 then the 63 because 64 is bigger.

There was a 94 dohc 4g64 up on ebay week or two ago I wanted to buy it soo bad but I had no way of picking up the motor or anyplace to put it if it was shipped to me.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Your telling me that a fully built up 4G64 is more powerful then a fully built up 4G63 turbo? :shock:

Experienced TGC Member
    Your telling me that a fully built up 4G64 is more powerful then a fully built up 4G63 turbo? :shock:
    Why wouldnt it be?
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Its a DOHC and it pumps what about 160hp and up while the SOHC pumps 140hp. You siad if you got the motor you wouldn't have anywhere to put it? I say f**k that i'll put it on top of my bed If I had to, but I got plent of Garage space and right now my garage is in winter mod (stuffed up wit junk!)

Experienced TGC Member
    my grandfathers maxima lives in the garage its like 3 yearsold and has only 4,000 miles on it! Id basically have to kill him in order to use the garage lol

Lemme see if I can give you a better view according to Chiltons information table:

Galant 4g63 DOHC (non turbo of course) 140hp
    Galant 4g64 DOHC 160hp

You take the 4g64 Dohc headswap you just gained 20hp, now turbo that. and if you build up the engine new rods, pistons etc.. youll be able to get more power out of your car with a 4g64 because ITS BIGGER! 2.4 vs 2.0
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    agreed...by just slapping on the 2.0L DOHC head you just have a hybrid 4g64 because you still have the 4g64 bottum end
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    He said he wants a full race motor so he would be buidling up the bottom end to. Another way to look at it is that the blocks are the same 63 and 64, all they did for the most part was take the 4g63 block and bore out the piston chambers now you have a 2.4. Plus I dont think 4g64s crankwalk like 63s do.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

OH now I get you. I was talking about the SOHC 4G64, while you were talking about the DOHC one. The Chiltons mannuel is realy helpful aint it! (I got one too)

Has anything of this sort been taken up here before?

I have a 7G with 6A12 N/A. I read that there is MIVEC version for this motor. Has anyone done any MIVEC swap for the 6a12? Is this even possible at all.

I want to do this for two reasons: I think I can find a MIVEC head as plenty of JDM engines land here in Manila; and it seems a better option than shoving a 6a12TT (better economy, less worries than turbo, plus my '94 6a12 motor is good as it is with a low mileage of 57k ).

Will appreciate your inputs. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by twintap View Post
    Has anything of this sort been taken up here before?

I have a 7G with 6A12 N/A. I read that there is MIVEC version for this motor. Has anyone done any MIVEC swap for the 6a12? Is this even possible at all.

I want to do this for two reasons: I think I can find a MIVEC head as plenty of JDM engines land here in Manila; and it seems a better option than shoving a 6a12TT (better economy, less worries than turbo, plus my '94 6a12 motor is good as it is with a low mileage of 57k ).

Will appreciate your inputs. Thanks in advance.
    Not entirely sure if the MIVEC heads would just bolt on the 6A12 block but you would have to get a complete set of wires from a MIVEC car - or do some serious modifications on the excisting.

That being said - the MIVEC engine is properly a lot more exspensive that say the 6A12TT engine (it is in Scandinavia, and since it has not really been sold in the States I guess it is not going to be cheap there either)
    6G73 2.5 DOHC V6
    AWD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12