heres two more videos...

Johnathans Galant vs whokilledhoughes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UppEZHrJfNc

whokilledhoughes vs Qnz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flRr5qf6vNM
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

My best was actually a 13.3 last night lol :)... I should of had my galant out there to make it even but it was fun none the less :)

Don't pay attention to those numbers on the windows... they just make em up o keep track of the cars running :)

What do 8gs run stock? Ill cut up some of my video and post it when I get off work...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

julio should have ran...so we could see that 20 second car...lol
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whokilledhoughes View Post
    julio should have ran...so we could see that 20 second car...lol
    ass Lol i'll run next time we go

um...nope...and we are all at 15psi...with different set-ups that is...john and aaron where preatty much almost the same and i could not break 15...our trannys are robbing so much power from us...but i could tell you this...on a 40mph roll its a whole different monster...and put it this way...i have a 300 hp car...at the crank that is...i havent dynoed yet at 15 psi...but it should be in the area of 260+hp 280trq + to the wheels...so there you have it...i was dissapointed...from all the money spent...and i cant break 15s...i guess manual and head swap are in the works
    my buddies bolt on stock fuel system 18psi SRT untuned ran a 13.1 on DR's at around 300ishwhp. I was expecting around atleast high to mid 14's out of the Galants i guess especially at 15 psi but DAMN I guess the automatic is really screwing you guys over. is everyone tuned?

some properly done NA bolt on Hondas run 15's =/

btw, whats everyones set-up?

hughes is EVO?
    qnz 50 trim?
    Johnathan ??

weight is probably another factor also.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

SRTs are about 500 lbs lighter and 5 speed. hehe.

i think we just dont know how to drive and we dont know how to tune. I am "street tuned" by John on my evo ecu. It feels a bit off from when I had the HKS FCon and dynod at 260. We're all probably around 210 now
    Last edited by qnz; 09-10-2009 at 11:11 PM

naw, I didnt mean it like that. Theres a really small margin of error with an auto on a drag strip. Not to mention how slow the autos on the Galants are. I'm sure if you guys were manual swapped or had a higher stall the passes wouldve been greatly faster. everyone still on the stock converter?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

holy crap @ 15 psi? those auto trannies are ROBBING you guys....wth!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

i c that u guys had fun...!!
    long time that I havent heard about u paul..!!
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

man suxs i missed this one.... i would've ran..... but literally running with my feet i'd probably do better than my G lol... next time it's going to be me vs. julio (stock vs. stock) which is better...

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

how come i didnt here about this meet?? looked awesome
    Last edited by [DC_eightG_00]; 09-11-2009 at 01:46 PM

-Danny
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Ally and her whip a day helps keep the drama away!

[DC_eightG_00], GAgalant_319...This was kinda spurr of the moment meet up... We will be back at the track after we work on our setups but for now Iam sure we are all back in the planning stages :)

PBIR holds test&tunes every wednesday/friday/and saturday so whenever you guys are down to roll let me know...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    my buddies bolt on stock fuel system 18psi SRT untuned ran a 13.1 on DR's at around 300ishwhp. I was expecting around atleast high to mid 14's out of the Galants i guess especially at 15 psi but DAMN I guess the automatic is really screwing you guys over. is everyone tuned?

some properly done NA bolt on Hondas run 15's =/

btw, whats everyones set-up?

hughes is EVO?
    qnz 50 trim?
    Johnathan ??

weight is probably another factor also.
    im using an evo 9 set-up. at 10 psi i ran 210hp and 240trq. with an average of 10hp and 11.5 trq gain per pound added from stock.. i got 110hp and 123trw stock. but i dont think i was runing 15psi. my car is weird. sometimes i hit 12psi sometimes 13.. ive ran 15 few times..my boost controller has a loose hose on it so my boost is not consistant..i notice that today when i touched the hose and it came off....i dont know how much psi i was running at the track due to i keapt blowing the vacuum off the gauge from all the pressure as it went under boost. but i know i wasnt at full 15. i was probably runing 12. fixed the hose today and im hitting straight 15. everytime. now i can break that 15 mark and get into the 14s.

ill be going to homestead raceway in a couple of days to give it a try again to see what my numbers are before i start collecting for the manual swap.

but to answer your question our cars are COWS and stock auto trannys rob us when it comes to performance. i bet i could take it to low 14s once i do the swap and perfect the tune. but we shall see. i might not have fast 1/4 mile times, but i love driving my car and the effect i get on people when they stare at me cause the car looks so damm sexy ;-).
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    i c that u guys had fun...!!
    long time that I havent heard about u paul..!!
    yea ive been quite lately...but ill be back on more often soon...got alot of goodies coming up soon. so ill be updating and stuff
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272

alright cool.. im not gonna race or anything anyways i just wouldnt mind seeing you guys out there on the track lol..

-Danny
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Ally and her whip a day helps keep the drama away!

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    im using an evo 9 set-up. at 10 psi i ran 210hp and 240trq. with an average of 10hp and 11.5 trq gain per pound added from stock.. i got 110hp and 123trw stock. but i dont think i was runing 15psi. my car is weird. sometimes i hit 12psi sometimes 13.. ive ran 15 few times..my boost controller has a loose hose on it so my boost is not consistant..i notice that today when i touched the hose and it came off....i dont know how much psi i was running at the track due to i keapt blowing the vacuum off the gauge from all the pressure as it went under boost. but i know i wasnt at full 15. i was probably runing 12. fixed the hose today and im hitting straight 15. everytime. now i can break that 15 mark and get into the 14s.

ill be going to homestead raceway in a couple of days to give it a try again to see what my numbers are before i start collecting for the manual swap.

but to answer your question our cars are COWS and stock auto trannys rob us when it comes to performance. i bet i could take it to low 14s once i do the swap and perfect the tune. but we shall see. i might not have fast 1/4 mile times, but i love driving my car and the effect i get on people when they stare at me cause the car looks so damm sexy ;-).
    Dude, buy some hose clamps, or at least some zip ties. You should not be having that problem. I ran 22psi on my car and had no problems blowing off vacuum or intercooler pipes.

You guys need to take your cars to a professional tuner and get them tuned proper. When I got my car tuned, it was like a new beast. You need to get on the dyno and have a professional tuner that is familiar with Mitsubishis and Evo setups, tune your cars.
    7g for life!

the white galant what engine have

Damn i missed this meet, lets make sure next time u guys let us all know so we can go up
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12