The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Headlight Question

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Headlight Question

Hey guys I think im getting a 2009 Galant ES on saturday and one of the first things I want to do is add HID's. My question is that if I have the ES will I be able to throw HID's in it or will I have to find projector style headlights, maybe like the GTS. Help me out, Thanks - Mike

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    you dont need projectors for HID's but they do make a difference. Projectors have a nice cut off so you dont blind other drivers. I have HID's on my 8G without projectors

Yea im just worried about getting pulled over for too much scattered light or having it not look good lol. You think ill be alright tho?

i live in the city and no one fucks with me, i know a few cops and they dont care about it. It all depends on where you live.

just dont get the crazy bright blue ones like those honda drivers and you should be okay

Go with 8000k and you'll get a nice crystal white. I haven't had a problem with my HIDs and the Police or with other drivers complaining about being blinded. Stay away from the ebay HIDs if possible.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Alright thanks alot guys, my friend mentioned HIDNY.com so i think im gonna check out the 8000k from there n see see it goes

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55 View Post
    Go with 8000k and you'll get a nice crystal white. I haven't had a problem with my HIDs and the Police or with other drivers complaining about being blinded. Stay away from the ebay HIDs if possible.
    8K is pretty blue, my 6K from DDM has a slight blue tint...when I had 8K they were very blue and it caught cops attention

Quote Originally Posted by mnicosia23 View Post
    Alright thanks alot guys, my friend mentioned HIDNY.com so i think im gonna check out the 8000k from there n see see it goes
    also check out DDM tuning HID kits...a lot of people run them and they have a lifetime warranty