The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: "downgrade"

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

"downgrade"

I wonder if its possible to install taillights from galant '96 on my galant '98. Would i have to switch whole trunk??? I dont know why but i like the older taillights way better. Also with front bumper from any body kit, do I need to switch t-bar from older galant because all body kits i see should fit galant 94-98 but i think they'll make so they fit with t-bar from older 7G... can i stay with my t-bar and still fit that bumper?

as far as the taillights someone just told me that you can pop out the piece that says galant on the 97-98 trunks and then you can use the tails lights from 94-96 without swapping whole trunk
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

there is no piece to pop out on '98 galant..........

yes the re is. the piece that has the letters on it. it has 2x10mm bolt on the inside of the trunk and then it comes out. i still dont know if a simple swap will do it. the trunks are very different
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

yeah I think you need to change the trunk itself. The outer lights are the same but that center is completely different. Why you consider this a downgrade? I think the older lights (other than the red and clear) look better

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    yeah I think you need to change the trunk itself. The outer lights are the same but that center is completely different. Why you consider this a downgrade? I think the older lights (other than the red and clear) look better
    Downgrade in sense that i those older lights but yeah i like them better too thats i want to swap them. Also what about that t-bar and body kit , seems like its made for older 7g too

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    yes the re is. the piece that has the letters on it. it has 2x10mm bolt on the inside of the trunk and then it comes out. i still dont know if a simple swap will do it. the trunks are very different
    ya we were talking about this. the trunks differ in that area. i can actually tr it with my cuz's trunk.

but as of now you need to swap the entire trunk lid. why you like the bland older lights i dunno

all the body kits require you to swap to a 94-96 t-bar and grills

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    ya we were talking about this. the trunks differ in that area. i can actually tr it with my cuz's trunk.

but as of now you need to swap the entire trunk lid. why you like the bland older lights i dunno

all the body kits require you to swap to a 94-96 t-bar and grills
    thank you for info it would great if you try and tell me if its possible without swapping whole trunk lid

TGC Regular
    You have to change the trunk lid.. Also you need the different wiring harness with the trunk lid. The reason being that the plug for you license plate lights are VERY different. I just did it yesterday but i traded up. The trunk lids are very different. 1. i think the 96-98 lids are lighter. Also the bolt holes for the center piece wont match up. Also the contour of where the lights themselves match up to the trunk lid is very different. If you are going to switch back you are going to hav e to get the whole trunk lid with the wiring harness....

Kondypl i honestly like the seperated lights, not a fan of the t bar from gens. belows 97... if you are looking to do somthing different DIY night shade the white part or if you are willing..thrown the tails in the oven, open them up and use some good amber clear tape like 3m on the in side

but if your still opted for "downgrading".. §krap's right

So I kinda miss my old trunk /94 style/ and hopefully Ill be getting JDM tails someday, so Ill swap it back. And since we did Scrap's trunk conversion yesterday I'll have his trunk for future projects of mine.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i have a spare 94-96 trunk

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr View Post
    i have a spare 94-96 trunk
    yea i see you have everything , pm me your cell number again cuz i cant find it , ill prolly make one big order later on.....

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    So I kinda miss my old trunk /94 style/ and hopefully Ill be getting JDM tails someday, so Ill swap it back. And since we did Scrap's trunk conversion yesterday I'll have his trunk for future projects of mine.
    so in order to put JDM tails on the 98's a trunk with the older type of tails is needed?