The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: new engine

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    7gloverhater

new engine

Well the old is out and prolly new soon not shure gotta get time.... my buddy has a 1g 5speed that he said i could have will it work??

Yes if it is a 4g63 it will fit... Iam not sure if its a 7bolt or 6bolt but I would look into the trans matching first.. You could also just take the head off and place it on your 7g block if its good or rebuildable...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i favor rebuilding the 2.4 with the 2.0 head as there is less work and you know what everything is.. cuz who knows that 63 could be shot as well.. is it even turbo???? cuz if not dont even bother with the head in my eyes
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

7gloverhater
    no its not not turbo, i just wanna do somthign

nice titanium shin
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    i favor rebuilding the 2.4 with the 2.0 head as there is less work and you know what everything is.. cuz who knows that 63 could be shot as well.. is it even turbo???? cuz if not dont even bother with the head in my eyes
    Lol are you kidding me if i where to do this all again i would just get a 2.0 block and build that. Less work in building a 2.0 cause you dont have a bunch of miss matched parts and trying to figure out what works from the 2.4 and what works from the 2.0. From my experiance i would say if you have a full 4g63 build that then less confusion on what works and what doesnt.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    its really not that hard.. you still woulda had everything apart and done the same thing.. its not even a turbo 63, but is simple enough to turbo but still 64/63 hybrids have been very successful conversions and ppl love them

building anything is hard, let him decide
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    its really not that hard.. you still woulda had everything apart and done the same thing.. its not even a turbo 63, but is simple enough to turbo but still 64/63 hybrids have been very successful conversions and ppl love them

building anything is hard, let him decide
    until you actually do it dont talk about it being hard or not being hard. You really have no idea what you have to go through in finding parts and making sure that you have the right parts.

oh and just because it doesnt have a turbo on the 63 dosnt mean shit they where the same design N/A as they where turbo'd, so you can turbo the 63 and be fine.

1996 galant s

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    NA doesnt have the oil squirters for the pistons and the cams are different.

IMO I have gone through a 2.0L and am building a 2.4L the second time around.
    7g for life!

yea but those cams are easy to find.

1996 galant s