The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g vr4 4g63t swap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25
    managed to find the 4g63 mounts from an evo which look identical to the dsm mounts you guys use

I have a 6A12TT here and I compared my engine bay with a 4G car. The cambelt one is different but the rest of the mounts are identical between 4G and 6A. The bellhousing will need to be replaced when installing the 4G because the starter is in a different place. But if you have a 4G (EVO or Galant E39A) transmission case you should be able to swap the bellhousing portion and retain the rest of it.

Good luck. Let me know how it turns out I will be attempting this in the future.

no prob

okay well basically as iv found lately this swap isnt easy, i managed to get the engine sitting in the bay thanks to the evo mounts however i had to remove the standard mount on my drivers side which for you guys in the states is the passenger side, on reflection may not have had to but its done now

at a guess im also thinking the axles need changed due to the different block length ( should have thought of that before ) but we will see what happens, unfortunately right now my skills have been exceded and its in a garage getting all the fabrication done right now, which is possibly all the engine mounts changed the power steering pump adapted to fit, wastegate port moved, exhaust with wastegate dump pipe merging, intercooler and making adaptors to fit the 16 row oil cooler and catch can

ah you see you could have asked us here to help you source a bit of stuff for these problems, given that we have an FF Galant with a 4G63 DOHC in it from factory in one miracle year, you can probably get a powersteering pump + bracket and A/C pump + bracket from the States side, and then get all the lines that hook up these things to the rack and condenser coil and the rest should be just a big metallic jigsaw puzzle with no fabrications required.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12