The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g vr4 evo build

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 69
    Nice build, we are the complete opposite lol

you took a Galant and used a Evo motor and i took a Evo and used a Galant motor lol

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 7gvr4 View Post
    well not the best christmas eve for me this year, had the new engine going and on the dyno, the guys were about halfway through the tune and she was runnning pretty sweet untill the alternator belt came off and got tangled in the cam belt which caused it to jump about four spaces and stop very fuckin fast when pistons met valves

did a leak down test on it and at this stage atleast 2 but maybe more valves are bent but untill the head comes off next week wont know the complete extent of the damage
    Ouch man, that's gotta hurt

Who did you get to do the dyno tune ?
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

damn man that really sucks.
    I was never brave enough to run without a timing cover.

Damn.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

yeah didnt have the cam belt covers on for 2 reasons (a) was planning on pulling the head off early next year and (b) didnt have the covers

i had nzefi doing the tune, not there fault though cause i told to run it without covers and to be fair they were just as disapointed as me

and JDMFTW yeah iv been following your build and gotta say very impressive what you've done

TGC Regular
    Yea, I had NZEFI doing mine too, they do a good job :)

Good luck with the rebuild, anything you need let me know, I have access to quite a bit of Galant and Evo parts/knowledge.

well i got some good news today and the pistons have little more than a scratch on them ( thank god for forged pistons ) so the head is off to the reconditioners on monday

will hopefully have it running this week, will find out if they got a power reading before it blew

well got the head in to car aid this morning and will have it back tomorow afternoon

got some good news out of this, found out the valves have been replaced at some stage with 1mm oversized items, so got some new ferrea valves going in, more good news is that its only the inlet valves that need replaced

also when i had the valve springs put in it looks like the guys who did it didnt put the valve sleeves in properly and they are completly f*cked now, so its good to find that out now instead of in a month or 2's time

well got it back and gave it one hell of a road test, picked it up from nzefi at 2pm yesterday and at half 5 i was on the road to auckland

the car is a definate monster around town with a very small power band, basically makes all of its power over 1500 revs

over all very impressed considering all the problems trying to get it going it came together just in time and didnt miss a beat the whole trip up

will have to a vid up of it idling for you guys, sounds sorta like a rota, but it shakes the car at the same
    Last edited by 7gvr4; 01-15-2010 at 10:42 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    Thats sweet man. Seems like a solid build. However you hacked the fuck out of that front bumper didnt ya?

TGC Regular
    Holy Crap

That's one hell of a power curve.... Nice :D

cheers guys, yeah not to happy with how the bumper looks, ill be getting that fixed up sometime in the future

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t=MOV00505.flv

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    sounds mean !

TGC Regular
    Sounds very nice man, well done :)

You should come out and meet up with the guys from club VR-4 sometime

yeah i would man but it doesnt seem like much is going on in aucks unfortunately

figured it was about time i stopped being slack and got up a pic of the engine now its going and finished.......for now

those motor mounts need to go!

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

yeah they arent the best looking but they are custom made so i cant get anything off the shelf, ill have a look at tidieing those up once im done with the exterior and interior

you, my man, has pretty much built my dream car. Subscribed.

well i figure that this is more than overdue for an update, so for the last couple of weeks the cars been at the panelbeaters getting all the dents taken out and smoothed over, it's now all primered and ready and waiting for the new paint job of gloss balck with a red pearl thrown in for good measure, its due to come be finished on tuesday

but today i received this package in the mail

in which i found the most expensive chocolate bar of all time ( which wasnt an empty wrapper at the time but soon was )

and then i found this

it will be fitted and tuned as soon as i have time, should be in july unless i find time next month

back from the painters, im liking the colour, my camera really doesnt do it justice though

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast