The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g vr4 evo build

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 69
    killer man! Loving it.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

a couple more i took today, if i get time over the weekend i'll get some better ones up

took these tonight after i cleaned it

looks very clean

What do you guys think about the new wheels, just got them on yesterday

blue8g
    I liked stockers more, but I've seen worse, Much worse

i'll admit they don't look that good in the photo's but for 400nzd i can't complain

why all the decals, are those companies paying you?

I wish, i'm doing a event this weekend called the snowball run, similiar to the cannonball run and bullrun you guys have in the states, the decals are just the companies sponsoring the event

Seeing as it's hard to capture the pearl in a picture, or maybe im just crap at taking photos haha

i took a short video of it in the sun today
    http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t=MOV00661.mp4

Also updated my garage with a couple of new photos
    Last edited by 7gvr4; 07-02-2010 at 10:10 PM

Got a call today that pretty much ruined my day, anyway found out the car had finished it's dyno tune and was just getting back from the road test when it had blown the crank seal and dropped all the all, thankfully it didn't do any damage.

Looks like it was a result of running to small breather hoses and it was pressurizing the crank case, it had been blowing abit of blue smoke for awhile but id put it down to the oil seals going on the old turbo.

Hoping it won't cost to much to fix, should be a few hundred for the seal but it may also need a new oil pump and cam belt.

It did make 330kw atw though

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    This build is great, keep up the great work.

As far as the engine mounts, you can change the belt side mount with mount off a Galant w/ 4g64, you just have to grind off one of the holes to fit. You could probably use the same cross member off the 7g 4g64 to get the front tranny mount to line up. As for the rear tranny mount, you can remove the steering subframe, and replace it with the subframe from again the same donor Galant. This would give you three out of four engine mounts that you could get shelf products for. And honestly i think all you'd need for the main tranny support is the bracket that comes off a stock 7g manual tranny mount. The fender mounting point look to be in the same position as our cars.

AS for the wheels, i think they look cool on the car, but i would prefer a retro fit stock Evo 3 or 4 wheel, just to throw people off.

Edit: but please remove the decals. do you really want to covor that much of the paint job?

Cheers for the coment mate, the engine mounts were sorted last year just got some custom brackets made up

I think the wheels will look better once i've sorted the suspension and it's sitting flush with the arches

Yeah the decals were only on for an event, they came off once i finished that

So what are you going to do about the front bumper cover? Looks like you've hacked yours to hell and back

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Thats's probably going to have to wait untill next year, i'll get the intercooler moved up as far as possible so the bumper fits properly and i'll get a new bumper and cut that the bare minimum so that it looks good

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    well i figured i'd give my $.02 on the engine mounts, in case you wanted to try something different while you had the car down for repairs. Great work, and good numbers...

P.S. Front bumpers are over rated any way... hehe

Cheers mate, I might look into that if I do this again on another car but right now im just happy being able to drive the car so I don't want it to spend any major amounts of time off the road

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    sucks about the oil seal man
    nice about the power though. According to an online conversion calculater:
    330 kW = 442.35924933089996 HP

that's a pretty sizable number lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast