The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2010 Galant: The Pinoy version....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 48

2010 Galant: The Pinoy version....

Click here

Mitsubishi introduces the new 2010 Galant SE
    New flagship adds another badge to Galant heritage

Sigma, GTI, VR-4, 240M. These are just some of the badges that have graced one of the most revered lines of automobiles in nearly 40 years of production: the Mitsubishi Galant.

Mitsubishi Motors Philippines Corporation recently welcomed the arrival of the latest Galant, the SE, by inviting members of the motoring press to experience what the new flagship has to offer.

For 2010, the Galant receives a new host of advanced features and upgrades. From the outside, the new Galant SE gets a fresh new face, starting with a new hood that does away with the original Boulay touch on the outgoing 240M model and provides a new, prouder chrome grille. High Intensity Discharge projector headlamps take care of illumination duties at night, while electronically controlled side mirrors (with power folding functions) were integrated with side turning lamps. Each side of the car features protective door moldings with chrome inserts, while the roof is finished with a fin-type antenna and the back has a new pair of taillamps.

Inside, Mitsubishi's flagship sedan keeps the premium feel of the car with luxurious soft leather appointments and wood trimmings. The driver's seat gets 8-ways powered adjustability with lumbar support while the passenger seat can be adjusted 4-ways. Other comfort touches include a fully automatic climate control system, automatic retractable rear glass sunshade, separate rear aircon vents, map lamps & rear seat reading lamps and a host of compartments on the center console, instrument panel and rear seat armrest. On the dashboard, a CD/DVD/MP3 entertainment system has been seamlessly integrated, while the steering wheel also receives new upgrades with audio controls and a Tiptronic shifter for greater driving fun.

Powering the Galant SE is the 4G69 inline-4 engine, a 2.4-liter motor equipped with MIVEC (Mitsubishi Innovative Valve Timing and Electronic Control System) that adjusts valve timing for optimal performance for all driving conditions. Transmitting the engine's power and torque to the road is an INVECS-II 4-speed automatic transmission.

In terms of safety and security, the Galant SE is equipped with dual stage SRS airbags, a rearview camera plus front and reverse parking sensors, making parking easier and safer.. The central door locks also has an auto lock feature once the vehicle moves to 5 kilometers per hour and, as an additional safety feature, the Galant SE audio and video system has Bluetooth connectivity function with mobile phones, making calls a safer affair.

The most awaited upgrade, however, has to be the satellite navigation system that has been built-in with the in-car entertainment unit, allowing Galant SE owners to chart their own course in the Metro and beyond. Setting off from Manila, participants each took a new Galant SE on a pre-charted course up to Massimo's in Tagaytay City, a secluded restaurant easily found by the GPS satnav system.

Priced at PhP 1,588,000 , the 2010 Galant SE is available in three colors: Merlin Black, Excalibur Silver and Nicolei Grey.

With a new design, high level of comfort and advanced upmarket features, various members of the motoring press expressed their satisfaction on the new and upgraded flagship, adding another great badge, SE, to a long and illustrious line of Mitsubishi Galants
    Last edited by G-spot; 09-20-2009 at 10:06 AM

TGC Regular
    Still doesnt stand out from the Altima, Camry, Accord, etc. Just another face in the crowd imo. Still a nice car tho, but Mitsubishi needs to do something to stand out or their going to suffer. The dealership here in Greensboro only has three cars on the lot a Lancer, Galant and Outlander and thats it. There is literally three cars sitting on the lot, when I road by I though they had moved. If it wasnt for the hyundai dealership its partnered with they'd be gone by now.

they need to upgrade that 4 speed seriously

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

That rear looks 99% identical to the new RL

Nothing special.. I agree with you folks that they need to do more brainstorming & come up with ideas that will make the Galant stand out.
    "There isn't one of us that doesn't want to be someplace else.. But this is what we do, who we are.." - John J. Rambo (Rambo IV)

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    interior looks nice. thats it

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

I thought that it was a Kia optima when I first saw this car.

Ew, looks like a toyota/lexus

i agree with everyone else its just blah. interior is nice but the rest is just too plain

Looks like the Taiwanese Mitsu Grunder with a simpler front grill.

looks good with a drop and wheels

Nice photoshop. Atleast they got rid of the tails that they had in 09! I hated those! But still not as nice as the 07.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

eh I like the 09's better.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Oh, i cant stand those tails! I hate how they flow into the trunk. Looks awful!
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

boooo mitsu. not. interested.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Come on Mitsubishi what the hell are they thinking.....who is the damn designer???fire him. Inside looks nice but it looks like the body of the car just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

blue8g
    does mitsu not realize they can't beat honda/toyota at their game, mitsu needs to be the anti-toyota alot of sport yet still economical........IMO they need to bring the G back to the US but more as a successor to the lineage of the 6/7/8g!

wish they just came out with a new gen already...face lifts are always wack...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast