The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Recommendations for 7G lowering springs, please?

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Icon5 Recommendations for 7G lowering springs, please?

Hi bros -

I am saving up to have my springs repaired. The previous owner of my 7G cut the stock springs to lower the car, hence causing lots of problems. http://galantforums.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=8874

I still want to have a lowered set-up, so I would like to ask what brand of lowering springs you would recommend? Also, I was thinking of lowering springs that can still accommodate having a full load of 5 passengers (3 at the backseat). Is that possible? Budget can be increased depending on the suitability of the springs.

My ride is a '96 Galant S (The 4-cylinder), and here is an idea of how the ride looks like right now:

Looking forward to hear your thoughts. Thank you. :)
    "There isn't one of us that doesn't want to be someplace else.. But this is what we do, who we are.." - John J. Rambo (Rambo IV)

he cut down the springs??? lolz did it messed up his suspension a lot??? also how fast he's tired wore out?

Here are the photos of the front-wheel tyres:

:(
    "There isn't one of us that doesn't want to be someplace else.. But this is what we do, who we are.." - John J. Rambo (Rambo IV)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    eibach prokit is prolly the best.. i have tokicos, but the drop is too steep for a full car of ppl

upgrade the shocks as well to either kyb AGXs or tokico illuminas.. they are both adjustable stiffness.. i have the illuminas and they are top notch, but they are pretty pricey, but in my eyes the ride is worth it as the stock shocks arent made to handle a drop
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

You can cut 1/2 coil turn max off the front springs, but still now reccommended. The rear you cant cut since they sag a lot anyway and if you put some bigger wheels or beefier tires it'll look like it has been lowered.

Like it was said, eibach with KYB GR2, or AGX or tokico illuminas, they all work.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

i got the eibach prokit and GR-2's

i carry 4+ people all the time and don't rub. i got beefy tires too.

i will actually be selling my springs soon

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    i got the eibach prokit and GR-2's

i carry 4+ people all the time and don't rub. i got beefy tires too.

i will actually be selling my springs soon
    PM me if you do

Quote Originally Posted by kondypl View Post
    PM me if you do
    i am, just need to wait until i order the new suspension..... prob 2-3 weeks

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Gee, thanks for the advice, guys. Too bad I am 9,000 miles away from you, and it's impractical to buy the kolio's stuff and import them.

I will start inquiring for prices on the Eibach with KYB GR2, or AGX or Tokico illuminas.
    Is there some sort of measurement I should consider when purchasing these? And I will have to buy four (4) pieces? Sorry for the noob questions.

post a pic of the front of your car. I want to see what bumper you have.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    you have to decide
    the best springs for you are the eibach pro kit

now the choice is between the shocks
    1. tokico illumina
    2. kyb agx
    3. kyb gr2
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

i will chime in with, go with Megan for the money they are great i have them now on my 9g and have tein, ebach and others on past cars and these megans are the closest i have had to stock ride for a lowering spring, and a note get some good adjust struts and load them with Megan's.
    Your signature is against the rules too - Prophet

Quote Originally Posted by rr2swift View Post
    i will chime in with, go with Megan for the money they are great i have them now on my 9g and have tein, ebach and others on past cars and these megans are the closest i have had to stock ride for a lowering spring, and a note get some good adjust struts and load them with Megan's.
    yes while for the 9G that may be so but for the 7G the eibach pro kit is the best for all around driving. drops you a decent amount, but not as low as tokico's or megans but you retain all drivability without scraping or making the car a 2 seater.

the pro kit is exactly like stock drivability but doesn't bounce as much and gives bettter handeling and your lowered.

if you want to be slammed don't look at springs you will need coilovers to do it right and sill have a drivable car

More practical solution for a Phillipines:

Espelir springs
    kg-m springs

etc. Just something for a EC5A Galant will do.

DonĀ“t know if they are sold there, but if you want a sportive driving and safety and enough place to drive with full load try Kayaba Exxel-G in combination with H&R springs. I know that the H&R are sold in Australia and New-Zealand.

Thanks, I'll check out the brands mentioned here in our local stores. :)

Bros, would you know if I need to know some sort of 'sizing' or 'measurement' when I purchase these?