The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G I4 to V6 throttle body swap

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 186
    Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    btw those are the only things that I need for this swap???
    sorry if I sound like a noob... but me dont know too much about perfomance...
    Becuase the Diamante TB is different, as well as the IAC sensor plug you will neede to obtain a wiring schematic for the Diamante TB stuff. I was going to perform the Diamante Intake manifold and TB swap for my V6, but given the sensor differencse, and the minimal 3mm gain in size over stock I did not pursue the details further.

Ivory8g now has my Diamante TB and we are both trying to obtain the needed information in order to be certain the IAC pigtails are wired up correctly, unless others have the information available at this time...

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

yeah that wiring diagram is a pain to obtain. we might have to use your resources Blackheart.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Keeps us posted that's something Im interested in learning.

did a lot of reading on c3g and i might just balls to the wall and try something....
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

why is everyone having issues with idle? are you guys letting it warm up at all when testing? Cuz mine goes up to 2300 then drops to 800 (normal idle) after about 3-5 mins. and nothing but responsiveness while driving. IDK why you guys are having issues. Did you guys clean it beforehand? Adrian did clean the TB I got before shipping it to me so maybe thats causing an issue. but mine is fine as long as I let it warm up...
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    Becuase the Diamante TB is different, as well as the IAC sensor plug you will neede to obtain a wiring schematic for the Diamante TB stuff. I was going to perform the Diamante Intake manifold and TB swap for my V6, but given the sensor differencse, and the minimal 3mm gain in size over stock I did not pursue the details further.

Ivory8g now has my Diamante TB and we are both trying to obtain the needed information in order to be certain the IAC pigtails are wired up correctly, unless others have the information available at this time...
    just so you know,
    during my swap I ended up having to use the 6G74 IAC and the corresponding plug for it. I ended up just snipping off the old 6G72 plug (on the car's side of the harness) and wiring up the 6G74 plug (car side of the diamante) that came with my engine by matching up the pins. No codes or anything and I passed SMOG. I dunno if that answers your question or not

thats really what I was talking about when I was saying im just going to balls to the wall and just do it. i am gonna snip the harness and wire it in by the pin. its what the 3g guys seem to have done because they said the wires were all the same just different connectors. only thing is i take everything from that place with a grain of salt. so thats why i was waiting on the wiring schematics. did you use your stock tps or wire in the diamante tps according to the pins as well?
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I used the Diamante TPS. It plugged right into the car's harness

also, the couple minutes of higher idling was and still is normal for me
    Last edited by beam514; 10-06-2009 at 02:53 AM

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    why is everyone having issues with idle? are you guys letting it warm up at all when testing? Cuz mine goes up to 2300 then drops to 800 (normal idle) after about 3-5 mins. and nothing but responsiveness while driving. IDK why you guys are having issues. Did you guys clean it beforehand? Adrian did clean the TB I got before shipping it to me so maybe thats causing an issue. but mine is fine as long as I let it warm up...
    Now that I have the 6g72 IAC its doing fine. Drove around for a little this morning, only issue was I had to mess with the idle adjustment screw till I got the idle where I wanted it.

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    I used the Diamante TPS. It plugged right into the car's harness

also, the couple minutes of higher idling was and still is normal for me

gotcha!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by galantofva View Post
    Now that I have the 6g72 IAC its doing fine. Drove around for a little this morning, only issue was I had to mess with the idle adjustment screw till I got the idle where I wanted it.
    ah sweet. did you close that screw all the way or opened it?

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

+1 galantofva
    beat me to but proved you have to have the V6 IAC for this swap to work on the I4, 4g63lover might want to update that to your tut, otherwise it's a great resource

poison

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post

I just cut off the old pigtail wire by wire, and soldered the new one for the 6G74 in the corresponding wire locations and everything works perfect. It was 6 wires in total. IMO, it was worth the 15 minutes it took to change the plug. Plus the TPS plug was a direct fit and everything is fully operational.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

sick! looks like i will be swapping it today then since this is prolly the last day in the 70's we are going to see within the next week +

-___-
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    I just cut off the old pigtail wire by wire, and soldered the new one for the 6G74 in the corresponding wire locations and everything works perfect. It was 6 wires in total. IMO, it was worth the 15 minutes it took to change the plug. Plus the TPS plug was a direct fit and everything is fully operational.
    Never thought it would be as easy as just swapping the pins out. I just never found the benefit and time worth while for a small 3mm bore size gain over the stock TB for the V6 platform. The only thing I can justify being "worthy" of claiming a big bore TB swap for us would be jumping on a Q45 90mm TB unit. The 4 cyl folks are truely the ones who benefit from the Diamante TB though...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    sick! looks like i will be swapping it today then since this is prolly the last day in the 70's we are going to see within the next week +

-___-
    Should be interesting to see how it improves your low-mid end area with that beefy thing on there!

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

yes it shall! too bad i cant start my car cause my coilpacks are dead! :( I'll take it to my thread...
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    ah sweet. did you close that screw all the way or opened it?
    I had to open it a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by Poison457 View Post
    +1 galantofva
    beat me to but proved you have to have the V6 IAC for this swap to work on the I4, 4g63lover might want to update that to your tut, otherwise it's a great resource

poison
    Yea but if it wasnt for you suggesting it I never would have thought of it. It runs fine but after 4 days I got an SES for P0505 idle circuit malfunction, yet the car idles fine.

I had to open it a little bit

Yea but if it wasnt for you suggesting it I never would have thought of it. It runs fine but after 4 days I got an SES for P0505 idle circuit malfunction, yet the car idles fine.
    mmm did you reset your ecu after puting in the new iac? like with anything doing with air modification's you should always reset your ECU so it can "relearn" the A/F ratio, did you get your iac from the junkyard, could it be bad? it's been raining cats and dogs here in texas so havn't gotten out to junk yards yet to get one, i know where there is one and the car is complete with a sealed hood so the one i get should be good gonna try to get out there tommorow if the weather is good i'll let you know if i run in to the same problem
    Last edited by Poison457; 10-10-2009 at 08:26 PM
    Poison457
    99 ES 4G64 I4 189k miles and still going strong
    5spd, rear disk swaped,
    Quote Originally Posted by Abd al-Hazir View Post
    I am at a loss to explain the average skeleton's somewhat ludicrous mental predisposition, however. Perhaps the implausibility of its own existence makes the skeleton think it hilarious to hide in a barrel, cackling intermittently for some three hundred years until a victim happens by?

I got mine from a junk motor at work. The IAC is fine. How do I reset the ECU? With a scan tool or just pull the negative terminal?? BTW my car has been DRINKING gas since this mod.

I got mine from a junk motor at work. The IAC is fine. How do I reset the ECU? With a scan tool or just pull the negative terminal?? BTW my car has been DRINKING gas since this mod.
    haha its not the car bro its you. lol.

On the serious, my gas mileage got better on the highway cuz RPM sits at 2700 instead of 3000 at 70mph. I havent driven in the city much to tell a difference there. And quite honestly, I am having trouble keeping my foot out of it cuz I LOVEEEE the exhaust note now! I feel like I'm sixteen again!!! (Wow, that sounded really effin' gheyyyy)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast